Chapter 52

Third pov.

"He wants us to wait " says a hunter while entering the old Hale house.

"So I've been reminded - To death." replies the well known Kate Argent.

"And that means we're not allowed to kill him." wonders a hunter while walking carefully through the rooms, with the werewolf watching him closely.

"But it doesn't mean we can't say hello."

"No one home." says a hunter but the woman just smirks. She knows he's here, she just waits for him to strike first.

"Oh, he's here. He's just not feeling particularly hospitable."

"Maybe he's out burying a bone in the backyard." tried the previous hunter to crack a joke.

"Really? A dog joke? We're going there, and that's the best you got? If you wanna provoke him, say something like, "Too bad your sister 'bit it' before she had her first litter." Too bad she howled like a bitch when we cut her in half!" yells the blonde woman and a loud roar fills the house. Soon, one followed by another, the hunters disappear, leaving the woman alone facing the werewolf. He wants to hit her but she gets out a taser and electrocutes him to the ground. "900,000 volts. You never were good with electricity, were you? Or fire. Which is why I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. And, well, maybe we can help each other out. Yes, your sister was severed into pieces and used as bait to try to catch you. Unpleasant, and frankly, a little too Texas chainsaw massacre for my taste, but quite true. Now, here's the part that might really kick you in your new balls - We didn't kill her. You think I'm lying?"

"Wouldn't be the first time." replies the werewolf while catching his breath.

"Tsk, sweetie - Well - Why don't you just listen to my heart and tell me if I am. Okay? We - didn't - kill - your - sister. Do you hear that? There's no blips or upticks. Just the steady beat of the cold, hard truth. Found bite marks on your sister's body, Derek. What do you think did that? A mountain lion? Why aren't we helping each other out? You might as well admit what you've been guessing all along, which is - The Alpha killed your sister. And all you have to do is tell us who he is, and we'll take care of it for you. Problem solved, everybody goes home happy. Unless - You don't know who he is either. Wow. Guess who just became totally useless?" But focused on her catch, she doesn't sense the hybrid standing in the doorway.

"That's not really nice, you know?"the brunette says while breaking a smirk when she sees the surprise on the hunter's face. "Long time no see, right Kate?" she says while taking some steps closer "What's wrong Kate? The cat got your tongue? Oh come on, you're not afraid, are you?" she teases while the man gets up wanting to help his friend, but she just raises her hand, making him a sign to leave. The truth is, the huntress was scared of the hybrid's powers and her rage. She knew what she's done and she was only scared about one thing, not the Hales, the merciless brunette that was standing in front of her.

"You're still a bitch, are you?" responds the hunter but the brunette just laughs.

"Kate, Kate, Kate, I could easily kill you right now" she says while taking some steps closer and wiping the taser out of the hunter's hand. "But that would break the code, or would it? We haunt the ones who haunt us? I'm pretty sure you're the one haunting without a reason" she says and she places her hand on the blonde's neck, getting a small scream from her.

"Astrid" says an older man while looking at the two women. "Let her go"

"Huh, you're lucky that your brother was smart enough to look for you, Kate. Oh and Chris? Don't forget what I told you at the game" she snaps while letting go of the blonde's neck and exiting the house.