Chapter 30

Stiles's pov.

I woke up in the morning next to Scott in Astrid's house. Grace was licking my cheek softly while Chaos was trying to steal Scott's sock. I got off the bed and I went into the kitchen where I saw my auntie singing and dancing while cooking.

"Morning aunt Astrid" I said and I got her attention.

"Good morning to you too Stiles, how was your sleep?" she asked while putting some plates on the table.

"It was fine, I can't remember how I got in bed to be honest" I said with a small smile.

"Oh, you boys were so tired yesterday, you feel asleep as soon as we arrived home, you were exhausted" she added with a giggle.

I smiled and I saw Scott entering the room too. We sat down at the table and we had fried beacon and eggs. We talked a little but then unfortunately we had to go home. I liked spending time with aunt Astrid, she was 10 years older then us but I sometimes saw her as a mom. She was always carrying and gentle about everything. I really liked her and I felt her as a part of the family. I knew that she wasn't actually my aunt, but the fact that she was acting like mine was making everything so fun. It was nice having her around, but sadly all good things come to an end. We took our backpacks with clothes and we went into the garage.

"How many cars do you have?" I asked while seeing another car beside the one we took two days ago.

"Oh, three, that Mustang right there, the Camaro here and that Audi in the back" she said while getting in the Mustang. "Come on, hop in" she said smiling.

Astrid's pov.

I took Stiles to Noah's house, then I went to Scott's and I had a chat with Mel.

"Aunt Astrid!" yelled Scott panicked while I was talking with Melissa about the fact that I'm going to join the FBI in 2 months. "I forgot my baseball bat!" he complained about his bat.

"I'm going to bring it to you tomorrow, alright?" I said while messing with his head. "Anyways, it was a pleasure Mel, see ya" I said while I exited the house. I began to think about what I left behind in my list of priorities and I decided to do the most stupid decision in my entire life, I texted Peter. I was so unsure about everything between us and I wanted to talk.

Right, I was going to arrive home in 5 minutes, then I had only 5 minutes left to clean the kitchen before Peter would arrive

Right, I was going to arrive home in 5 minutes, then I had only 5 minutes left to clean the kitchen before Peter would arrive. I parked the car then I quickly began to clean the mess but not long after that, I heard the door bell.

"Since when do you ring the door bell?" I asked with a small laugh.

"I was to lazy to sneak in so yeah" he said while entering the house.

"Why do you have a bat?" he said looking at Scott's baseball bat in the corner of the sofa.

"Oh that? It's my nephew's, he slept over with his best friend this weekend. Their parents were busy so I took care of them."

"That's sweet of you, but how can you stand kids? They're small and week and... "

"And adorable" I said knowing that he was not going to say that. "There're like my sons, little brothers, and in fact I really like spending time with them" I said smiling

"Whatever you say, I even find Derek annoying and he's 10 years younger than me"

"Oh come on, he's not that bad"

"Yeaaaah, let's not try to argue about him being annoying. So, what do you want to talk about?" he asked looking at me in the eyes. He knew that I was going to ask him but he still wanted to hear it.

"Peter, what are we?"

"Well we're clearly not 'just friends' but to be honest? I don't really know. I do like you Astrid, like a lot, but I'm not boyfriend material and I have no idea what I'm going to do about this feelings that I have for you." he said while scratching his neck.

"What if I told you that I feel the same? The feelings that I can't get rid of? I'm not girlfriend material either but I don't want this kind of bizarre friendship that we have with make out sessions and sometimes more to turn into a normal friendship. I do like you Peter and I love spending time with you" I said with a slight smile "You're my drinking partner, my one night stand and I don't want you to be just a friend" I admitted to myself.

"Astrid" he said placing his hand on my cheek. "All I want right now is to kiss you and I'm telling you this straight forward, you're attractive, very attractive, you're beautiful, you're inteligent, you're talented and all that every girl would ever want, but let's take this slowly, not to jump in a game without knowing the basics"he said looking in my eyes.

"I'd love that" I said looking deeply into his ocean eyes. "Oh and about the kiss" I said making him narrow his eyebrows "I didn't say you couldn't". I didn't finish my sentence and the next thing I knew was that he ran a finger along the edge of my hairline, tucking a rogue lock of hair behind my ear gently. I looked up at him and I felt a burst of tenderness in my chest. He leaned close, moving slowly and his firm mouth brushed across mine, settling briefly, barely touching before he bent his head and kissed me. Everything around us seemed to stop. I could not have said how long it lasted. Not long, probably. It was a gentle kiss but at the same time fierce and sure, full of all the feelings I had fought these past weeks, and now I knew he had felt them and had fought them, too. It was a great release to give up fighting. Give up and float in the sensation.