CHAPTER THREE

I'm so sorry for the late update🥺💗

Haajara🌺

Friday,
Three weeks later.

6pm

"Hajar!!" I heard Ammi's voice yell from downstairs in my sleep but I didn't bother waking up knowing well that I was dreaming.

I heard footsteps coming near the room but I snuggled more into my duvet and then the door was opened like a flash, I felt a big spank on my buttocks.

"Ouch!" I jerked up from my sleeping position immediately and rubbed my eyes, pouting my dry lips. "Haba Ammi na"

"Shut up and stand up it's time for maghrib, pray and get ready we are going to your Aunt's house for dinner today they invited us over" Ammi said pulling the blanket off my body and I shivered due to how the cold Air Conditioner my naked thighs as I was only wearing a sleeping shorts.

"Which of our Aunts?" I asked interestedly cause I've been dying to go out ever since we finished our exams a day before yesterday and now we're on a break.

"Maman Jabbar" She muttered and I looked at her trying to recall which of my aunts is called with that name.

"Anty Safiyya?" I asked and she nodded.

I got up lazily and dashed into the bathroom with a towel on my neck and my toothbrush. I bathed and performed ablution then I came out only to meet Salma applying makeup.

WOAH! That's a big deal cause she's the natural type of person and if she does apply makeup then their something biggg up.

"Salma..Salma..Salmaaaa!" I called in a sing song tone drawing her attention in the process.

"Okay yaya, I know why you're acting like this. You know what? I don't care whatever you think I'm just doing it for myself!" She forced a smile and I could see the world LIE in her eyes afterall we spent all of our lives together so far in the same room

"Hmm, did I even ask? I was just singing a hausa song oo" I continued humming to her name as I spread the prayer mat on the carpeted floor.

I prayed the three raqaats and read the Holy Quran before I took off my hijab and grabbed the cream from my vanity.

"What are you going to wear?" I asked.

"I don't even know, should we wear abayas? Or maybe atampa..no material oh gosh!" She facepalmed herself making me laugh

"Okay sis, spill it!" She sighed in defeat and sat down beside me the bed.

"So..you know Anty Safiyya's second son Jabbar, right?" She asked and I nodded trying to pull out my serious elder sister mode

"What about him?" I raised a perfect eyebrow

"I've been crushing on him since before they left Nigeria" She looked down shyly and I nodded.

"Ba...they left about seven years ago and only come during holidays right?" I asked

"Ehm yes and I was actually always shy to talk to the guy! Shaa, now that they are back to Nigeria forever, InshaAllah I'll have a chance. I can even finally meet his elder brother Ammar again too!" She giggled

"Which one is that one? His step brother?"

"No! Wait... Yaya Mima are you trying to say that you don't know Ya Ammar?!" She asked in a horrified tone and I nodded obviously