CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Dedicated to my new friend, Faixatuu ❤️❤️

Haajara🌺

It's been two hours since they took Ammi into ER but not even one doctor has come out. All our eyes were just on the light which was still red, our faces were all red and tear stricken, eyes puffy

"Did you call anyone?" Dada asked with his hands folded behind back. We've been telling him to sit down but he's been standing for two hours straight

"No" We all replied. "Don't inform anyone till morning. Let them all sleep peacefully" We nodded.

Immediately the light went off, we all stood up as the doctor came out and took off his blood stained gloves and thrashed them in the bin.

"How is my wife, doctor?" Dada asked.

"I can't say anything right now sir, had she been brought here earlier than maybe we would have been able to save her. All I can say is that her condition is very critical"

The waterworks began once again and Dada almost lost his balance till the doctor held him.

"What are you trying to say doctor?" I asked, as tears rolled down my cheeks non stop.

"We've managed to stitch up her head but.."

"But?" We asked all at once. "Speak up, doctor!" Yaya Amma yelled.

"Due to the fall, from her waist down is temporarily inactive. I mean to say that she is temporarily paralyzed" He dropped the bombshell and my heart dropped to my stomach.

"No, you're lying to me. My mother is perfectly fine. No! No you're-lying!!" I yelled at the doctor as tears streamed down my face and the sound that was heard next was that of a body falling. I turned my head immediately just to see Dada on the floor.

"Dada!"

"Nurse! Get the stretcher" The doctor yelled as we rushed to our father. The nurses picked him up and he was taken away with Yaya Amma and Salma trailing behind them.

"Where is my mother now? Can I see her" I sniffed. "Yes you can, but only one person can go in there now as she's still very weak and is still unconscious and has been shifted to the ICU" He walked away.

I fell down and clutched my chest, where I felt my was heart hurting and bleeding. I felt as if I was being stabbed with a hot arrow.

Ya Allah, my parents.. both of them are fighting for their lives! I placed my head between my knees and cried my eyes out. My heart hurts! My head hurts, everywhere hurts me.

"My dear, why are you crying?" I felt a hand placed on my shoulder and I raised my head to see an elderly nurse staring at me with a worried face.

"My parents...my mother..., my father" I sobbed and she patted my head. "They will be fine InshaAllah just calm yourself down and stop crying. They will be absolutely fine"

"How can I?! My mother is my entire life, I can't live without her" More tears poured out and I felt her hugging me.

"Just pray my child, Allah will answer your prayers as long as you pray to him sincerely. This is just a test and you need to be strong" I nodded and she handed me a bottle of water before leaving.

I took a small sip and went to the said ICU. I entered the room and there she was, my mother laid on the bed in a blue hospital gown with so many wires attached to her body, her head was bandaged and she had an oxygen max on.