CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT

I wanted to update on eid but omo my body wasn't having it🤧💔

Please vote and comment🥺

Cries, shouts, mourning words and consolations were all you could hear in the walls of Ex. Colonel Usman Muhammad Dãha's house due to the demise of his mother yesternight.

It was indeed a very sudden death for her, just a mere headache and boom! They've lost her now, forever. The one and only pillar of their family is now gone, how can they ever get over this?

Hajiya Saima cried like their will be no tomorrow, she still is crying. She was the first person to see her own mother's body fall to the ground. Today is supposed to be a joyous day, afterall she's gotten her second daughter married into a very good family but even that she didn't get to enjoy.

First their father left, and now their mother. Astaghfirullah but their lives will never be back to normal again.

The grandchildren, each and every one of them are feeling the death of the poor old woman in their bones, especially Mima and suprisingly she's the only one not crying. Her tears have dried up and her face is now emotionless, no tears, just pale. Her mother, Hajiya Samira fainted upon hearing the bad news and is still in great shock.

"So God had already written that she'll die here, with us. This world! This wicked world" Amma said in between tears.

"We have finished bathing and dressing her, it's time for the final goodbye before we cover her face" The old woman whom bathed Kaka said.

New fresh tears started as they all entered the livingroom one by one, praying and saying their final goodbyes to her. It was such a sight that no one would wish to see again, it can weaken the strongest of hearts

Elders wailed like they were the children themselves. Her face looked so peaceful, like she was in a deep sleep with no care in the world. If only it's the type of sleep that you'd wake up from, if only!

After everyone has come out of the room, it was only remaining Mima and her mother, they decided to enter at the same time. She held her mother's hand tightly as they went in.

The sight of Kaka wrapped up in a white shroud and her nose and ears were blocked with white cotton buds brought nothing but fresh tears into their eyes.

"God knows that I've always seen you as nothing less than my own mother and you also loved me like your own daughter mama, you trusted me always and stood by me all the time that I was facing one difficulty or the other, you always advised me on things and now that you're gone, who would do all of this for me? Who will be a mother figure to me?" Hajiya Samira cried, hugging the body

"Ammi" Mima held her mother's shoulders and they cried together, hugging and sobbing out loud. The pain is too much to handle.

They both prayed for her afterwards and were in the room when they wrapped up her face completely with the white shroud and that was it, she's going to be taken to her final abode.

The men that were waiting outside came in and took the body outside, where they prayed for her along to the Islamic rites. Hajiya Hajarah's two sons, male grandchildren, in-laws, other close and distant family members that took the first flight to Abuja when the bad news reached them and some random people from outside that came to share their deep condolences.

After they prayed the two takbirs respectfully, they took the body to the cemetery where she was buried according to the Islamic rites by her own sons. They shed tears as they buried their own mother.