CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Feeling more generous than ever.

Zero comments in the last chapter and I still updated, are we really going back to square one?🥺🥺

Haajara🌺

Five months, one week later.

"Yo sis" I waved into the camera. "Hello mims. "How are you? Ya Nigeria" Said Yaya Amma as she waved back.

"Alhamdulillah. Where's Ammi? I can't see her" I said. "Oh she went out a while ago with Anty Hassi" I mouthed an 'Oh'.

"Oh yeah, I called you to ask which of these two do you prefer?" She asked, as the two beautifully designed flower vases appeared on the screen.

"Anyone" I shrugged. "Abeg answer me. You're wasting my time" I sighed. "Fine, the black and golden one, happy?" I rolled my eyes

"Yeah whatever, what are you doing anyways" She asked. "I'm watching Miraculous" She hissed loudly. "As old as you are, Oh my God" She shook her head.

"Ehen now so what? Just like how you still watch Tom and Jerry" I laughed. "Everyone does" She laughed back. "Yeah right, but not me" We continued chitchatting for about ten minutes before we decided the hang up

If you're wondering what's going on, then Yaya Amma, Ammi and Anty Hassi have travelled to Dubai to shop for my wedding and other stuff. They left like two weeks ago or so.

I don't know why they can't buy whatever it is here in Nigeria. And also, Yaya Amma had to go along cause she's the one in charge of the interior design, so she has to be present. And moreover, I trust her taste.

Oh Allah, how I wish this wedding was going to be with the right person? With my dream guy? Someone whom will love me like life and vice versa. Someone whom will cherish me and treat me like the most precious jewel in the world.

But what can I possibly do? It's all done and set. And they are coming back from the Dubai tomorrow which means my beauty session is also going to begin anytime we are only have some weeks to go.

The good thing about all this is that I feel neither depressed nor happy. I'm just there like a television being controlled by a remote control, the people in my life choose when I'm happy and not and they've recently chosen neither.

I shrugged off my thoughts and concentrated back on the television where Disney Channel was on. It's one of my favorite channels, it's just amazing! I continued watching for about thirty minutes before I stood up to eat something as my stomach was growling loudly but as I stood up, a knock came on the door making me groan

I wore a hijab and unlocked the door only to be met with a big surprise. It was Jawahir, Nana and Malika.

"Hey girlsss!!" I squealed and hugged each of them tightly. "Hi baby girl" Jawahir said with a wide smile.

"Come in guys" I ushered them into the house and they settled down. "Woah! Jawahirrr it's been long".

"I know righttt" She giggled. Jawahir is Nana's maternal cousin.

"I heard you're getting hitched!! Omg I'm so happy for you" She smiled and I replied with a small fake smile.

"What do y'all want to have??" I asked. "Excuse me lady, this is our house as well" Said Nana. "Oh I forgot" I said sarcastically.

"Well by the way Jara have you decided an asoebi yet??" Malika asked.

"Nope, you guys should decide. Since you're the ones that will wear it". I said

"Rude! But you're right." They checked about three different Fabrics and chose the two atampas and one lace.

"We'll decide the rest when Yaya Amma comes back then we'll know how many we are going to order" Said Malika and the nodded while I just hissed silently

"What of your wedding attires? Are they all going to be bought here or in Dubai?" Nana asked. "No. They are all with the tailor" I felt the urge to be sarcastic but I shook it off and answered instead.

"You guys Yaya Ammar is also getting married soon fah" Malika says out of the blue. "Rantse! Swear!" Nana exclaimed.

"I swear heheheee, his bride's lefe has already been prepared all the way from Turkey and will be delivered today. I think they are taking it soon, but not the same time as yours" She added

"Omg! I can't waitttt!! His wife will be so lucky" Jawahir squealed.

I won't lie...she's right, Yaya Ammar's wife will be a very lucky woman indeed.

"I don't even want to attend the wedding even if it's going to happen soon" She said. "Why?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Cause I don't even know who the bride is! I'm sooo annoyed all Mom is saying is that she's our family friend and I'll get to meet her soon" She pouted

"If she says so then why are you worried?" I reasoned. "Just like that. I mean she's going to be my brother's wife sooo what do you expect from me".

"I feel you! Shaaa atleast you'll get to enjoy Mima's wedding in a few weeks". "Yeppiii" They high fived while Jawahir and I continued to gist

"The lefe fah? Sai yaushe" Jawahir asked. "I don't know probably next week" I shrugged

"Ohh"

Ammar's Pov 👑

"My geeee! Latest ango!! How far with your bridey" Abdullah hyped. "Forget man, I don't even know".

"How? Don't you two talk?" He asked. "We do, like once in a week. The date hasn't even been set yet but mom has already made up the lefe, I don't know why she's so excited about it" I said stressfully.

"Okay...what's her name?" He asked. "Uh-h Mi- no, is it Shafaah or Jiddah? I don't even know".

"You're so doomed man! You can't even remember her name" He laughed. "I'm so doomed right. And not just that, I'm afraid I broke my promise" I said sadly

"What promise? And to whom? You sound worried". "Hajarah" I replied. Her name simply made me feel at ease for a reason, I felt a sense of coolness in my heart.

"What did you do?". "Well...her parents, my aunt and uncle. They want to marry her off to her dad's friend and I kinda sent her a sign of hope that I will speak to my dad to talk her dad out of it but I failed... I don't even know how to face her again. I feel horrible".

"But you didn't fully make a promise did you? I'm sure she understands. Life doesn't always go as planned" He said. "True. I hope she does" I sighed

"Dude, why are you so worried about what she thinks of you suddenly?" He asked in a teasing tone. "What are you trying to say, Abdullah? Please stop. It's nothing".

"Fine oo, but remember I'll always be there for you bro!" I could here the tinge of mockery in his voice. "I know" I replied.

"Bye for now" I said. "Toh sai anjima" We hung up. I kept the phone on the bed and laid on my back, facing the white shiny ceiling.

I feel a long, complicating year awaits me

Hii girls and boys🌚🖤. How are y'all cuties!

How was the chapter? So my baby is getting married in a few weeks! MashaAllah 🤩 it's gonna be a long and fun wedding trust me!!

Hajarah weds Alhaji Danbaba. Okurrr, so perfect 😫❤️

I honestly can't wait to meet this groom of ours!

Invitations and asoebi will come out very soon guys so get ready !

Byeee !🥺