CHAPTER NINE

Haajara🌺

1:00am

I rolled and rolled on my bed unable to sleep, I just finished watching the movie and it was sooo amazing! But now, sleep is totally abandoning me cause I guess I slept for hours earlier and cause I wake up till 8. Now it's taking a toll on me! Gosh, afternoon naps are definitely the worst now and to top it all up, my head slightly hurts.

I shoved down two tablets of paracetamol down my throat with a cup of warm water and surprisingly, the headache was gone in a few minutes.

I unplugged my phone from its charger and it was hundred percent so I decided to call Nadir on WhatsApp call, cause I don't have his new number and he also hasn't called me up yet. Maybe he's busy with all the moving and stuff.

With a tinge of hope, I dialed the number after turning on my cellular data and he answered. "Heyyy" I said into the phone with a smile.

"Who are you?" A voice asked, a lady's voice to be specific. "Uh—who are you?" I asked. "Excuse me, you just called up my ..." I heard some loud voices in background as if someone was yelling or something.

I was about to hang up when I heard Nadir's voice so I put it back on my ear with a frown. "Babe, I'm really sorry about that. I'm really really sorry!" He said in an apologetic tone.

"Fine but..who was that?". "Oh that was my younger sister" He answered.

"Oh wow, didn't she see that the number is saved on your phone" I chuckled. "Guess she didn't see it. By the way, I'm really sorry again that I didn't call you actually I was very busy as we just moved into a new house here I hope you'd understand"

"It's alright. But I really missed you, can we video call?" I beamed behind the phone. "No..no..no that would be a bad idea cause uh.."

"Cause?" I raised an eyebrow as if he were in front of me. "I'm really hungry now and I want to eat" He said so quickly.

"Oh-okay? Can't you just spare atleast five minutes so we can see each other?" I asked sadly. "I'm sorry baby, I have to go. I'll tomorrow InshaAllah bye!" And that was it, he hung up just like that.

I sighed in anger as I threw the phone on my bed and stood up pacing all around the room. "No, calm down, calm down, calm down!" I said to myself as I ran my hands through my uncovered hair.

"Why!? He's really hurting me emotionally and he knows that! I'm trying really hard now to see this in a good light but I simply can't!"

"But then again, If I see this through a good light then I surely know that it's all going to be alright. He would be back in a few months and then we'll get married as planned! Yes, yes that's it" I assured my self and finally sat down on the carpeted floor.

"Mima?" The door in my room was opened gently and I raised my head which was ducked down, to see Yaya Amma standing by the door, holding a bright pink water bottle and her phone on the other hand.

"Uhm yes, what's wrong Yaya Amma" I put on a fake smile and stood up immediately.

"I should be asking you that. I heard you talking to yourself about something is everything fine?" She asked worriedly and walked towards me.

"Of course..of course, everything is fine Yaya. I was just reading a line I saw on Instagram nothing much" I muttered quickly hoping she'd buy it but little did I know, just little did I know!

"Really? Then what is your phone doing on the bed sweetheart? Are we really doing this now Mima? I'm your elder sister for goodness sake don't hide anything from me. If I don't support you then who would? Answer me" She folded her arms after she kept her bottle and phone on the vanity.