CHAPTER TWENTY

Sooo, I'm feeling generous

Haajara🌺

I laid back down on my bed right after switching on my phone to check the time, though it was the on airplane mode. I faced the white ceiling eyes filled up to the brim with tears which were now scattered all around my face.

I've been in my room since yesterday, no one came in and I didn't go out either.  Astaghfirullah but all I want to do now is sleep forever and never wake up, all of this is too much for me, I can't! I feel attacked. All the time I always dreamt about Nadir and I becoming a thing, I sometimes sit down and imagine how amazing it would be if we become one, if we get married with our parents blessings.

Ya Allah, I never imagined this happening in my wildest dreams! I feel betrayed and used!

Flash Back,
One day ago.

"Yaya Mima!!" Salma hollered. "Sup" I replied. "Ammi is calling you in her room and you need to go ASAP." I nodded and replied Nana before dropping the phone on my bed.

I bounced up and wore a knee length hijab before I sauntered out. My heart started beating faster than usual for no reason. I felt nervous.

"Ammi?" I knocked softly on the door and entered. "Hajar" She called and my heart skipped a beat. Oh Allah why am I feeling like this.

"Ammi what's wrong?" I asked. "Do you love the guy you're seeing now?" She asked suddenly. "Uh- Nadir?" I asked and she nodded.

"How did you know him Ammi?" I asked. "You will know. Just answer me" I nodded positively and I felt shy, I was bound to! She's my mom!!

Are they really eager to get me married that they found out about him so secretly?!

"Okay. Go and meet your father, he's in the livingroom" She simply walked into the toilet leaving me completely dumbfounded.

First Salma told me that Ammi wants to see me now Ammi is saying that Dada wants to see me? Okay...!

I stood up and headed to the livingroom where I met him reading his Daily Trust newspaper as usual, with a cup of steaming green tea.

"Ina wuni" I greeted respectfully. "Lafiya kalau. I believe you were sent here by Samira?" I nodded and he sighed deeply.

"So, where is the guy living now? Or rather, where did he tell you he's living?" I've never in my life heard Dada speak with such a tone, it was clear that something is fishy.

"N-new York" I said unable to look up. "Have you ever spoken to him using an international number?". "No, we usually video call".

"When did he say he's coming to Nigeria?". "No date yet but he said he's coming to meet you soon".

"Well...he lied to you, infact he's here in Nigeria and never went to New York" Dada said and I felt my heart hammer.

"What?!" I raised my head sharply with bulged eyes. "I would have reprimanded you if it were any other day but yes, all he said to you were lies. He doesn't live with his parents but with his fellow drug dealers".

"Drug dealers? Subhanallah Dada, Nadir is not like that...I know him, I'm sure you're mistaken..noo" I shook my head continuously and before I could master what was happening, I felt a stinging pain on my cheek.