CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Daurin Aure.

12:40pm

Haajarah🌺

My make up has just been finished after lots of poking on my face. And it turned out amazing, much more than I expected, it was light but beautiful.

"Thank you" I smiled at the makeup artist. She started tying my cream raw silk, it had white pearls on it, she tied it with lots of pins. Ten minutes later, Ammi brought my dress cause all my wedding dresses are in her room.

"Sannunku" Ammi said with a big smile. She was all dressed up in a light blue expensive lace, it was sewn into a buba gown and she also had some jewelry and a little make up on.

"Ammi na kinyi kyau" I smiled. "Not as much as you my dear" I lowered my head and collected the gown from her.

I wore the cream lace fitted gown it also had layers at the edge and the hands were fitted and flay at the ending. It had pearls and flowers cut out the lace on the bust

The makeup artist rubbed my entire dress with an oil perfume. She asked if she could post my pictures on her page but I politely declined.

The bridesmaids came in three minutes later all dressed up in their own asoebi.

They held their noses and did the traditional sound with their nose locally known as guda.

"MashaAllah tubarakallah! My sis is looking so beautiful" Yaya Amma said with a wide smile and hugged me tightly. "Thank you sis" I replied in her ears.

We snapped pictures with each other cause the cameraman wasn't here yet. "The nikkah is going to begin anytime!" Someone yelled from outside and my heart skipped a thousand beats. As if someone casted a spell on the girls, the left one by one leaving me all alone fiddling with the edge of my veil which was on my shoulders.

I watched the screen of my phone till it clicked 1:00pm dot. I felt like throwing up suddenly when my phone started ringing loudly making me drop it cause I was lost in my thoughts

I checked who the caller was and it turned out to be Yaya Ashraf, why was he calling me though?. "Don't you want to listen to your wedding Fatiha?" He asked. Their was something odd about his voice and I think I have a guess.

"Did you know?" He asked again. "What?" I asked dumbfoundedly. "Never mind, you will." I shrugged

He put the phone on speaker and I started hearing everything. "Ga Sadaki nan. Sadaki dubu dubu dubu har dubu dari biyu, Jamaa kun shaida?. Here is the bride price. Two hundred thousand naira, People, have you witnessed?" The people in the mosque repeated 'Mun shaida' three times.

"Ango ka yarda da zaka dauka cin ta, da shanta, da suturarta. Groom have you agreed to take upon her food and shelter?".

"An daura auren....." The line went off and just like that line, my body went stiff.

It's been done! It's all over. She's officially a married woman.

Their was a very loud guda right outside her room as people yelled 'an daura!' 'The knot has been tied!'.

She broke into tears as her sisters and cousins came in to congratulate her. Each of them hugged her except Salma whom was fully in tears and shaking.

"Sally" They engulfed each other into a very tight hug and broke into tears. "You're also going to leave soon like Yaya Sulty and Amma did right?" She pouted. "I don't have a choice Salma." I patted her head lovingly and kissed her hand