CHAPTER FORTY TWO

Hajarah🌺

I opened the door of the house and it was completely dark, only the tv was on and at livingroom was freezing cold with all the air conditioners. I could see a figure sitting on the couch watching the WWE channel.

And their was a plate of half eaten pasta and meatballs on the center table and an empty can of Fanta.

"Good Afternoon, B- Yaya Ammar" I was going to address him as 'Bee Poop' by mistake

"Uhm" That was his reply, I hardly heard it. My heart broke and I felt the urge to cry it all out but no, I've said it and I will say it again! I will not cry!

I went upstairs directly and kept his car keys before I walked to my room. I shut the door close and stripped off my clothes, I bathed and changed into a knee length night dress and put on a beanie cap on my head.

I prayed and did my azkhars before I neatly folded the hijab and mat and kept it on the couch. I was about to sit down when a knock came through my door. I felt a tinge of happiness thinking it was Yaya Ammar but instead, i saw Safina standing with a tray of covered food and chilled water.

"Sorry to disturb you, can I come in?" She smiled politely and I nodded and moved. She kept the tray in the carpet

"You didn't eat anything so I brought you lunch, please eat." Safina said. "I'm not hungry." I stated.

"I will not force you to eat. But please consider your health, we all care about you" She said and I laughed. A bitter laugh

"No one does, family betray you, and spouses....they lack trust in you" I couldn't help but speak out what's been on my mind.

"Please don't loose hope mima. I know you and sir are having issues and I don't want to get involved but I'm at fault. I shouldn't have let that man in, please forgive me" I felt embarrassed when I saw tears in her eyes and her hands were joined together in a pleading manner

"No, Safina. You did nothing wrong so don't blame yourself. The person at fault knows himself, but his ego is too big to ask about what really happened. All men are like that! Disgusting" I whispered the last part

"No, no. If sir won't talk then be the mature one and force him to hear you out. I trust you, you can solve everything. By Allah this house seems more like a jail to me nowadays, no more laughs and jokes between you and sir, even the furnitures have noticed I'm sure" I laughed a bit at her last statement.

"Okay Safina, I'll do this but only for your sake."

"Thank you for that honour Mima, and InshaAllahu it will work out. Give it a try, and remember even if he doesn't listen atleast you tried to prove yourself right." She said

"Okay thanks". "My pleasure" She left and I sighed. True, my stomach started growling loudly and I knew I had to eat.

I opened the plates and immediately dug into the food. I finished up everything in the plate and gulped down my glass of water.

I took the dishes downstairs and I met the couch empty which means that he's in his room. Hm

I was already wearing a hijab so I headed straight to his room and was about to knock on the door when I heard something which stopped me. I was completely heartbroken this time around.

His words struck my heart, I felt an unexplainable heat in my chest. No, no this is not Yaya Ammar I know! He's not the man I can't help but start liking, he's not my husband. He sounded like a completely different person.

**********

"Yaya Amma, I don't know what to do anymore. I knew it! I saw all the promises I made to not ever fall in love with my husband crash right before my eyes. No, I didn't fall in love with him. But what I'm feeling for him is something I can't seem to create a word for. Just when everything was going to start going right, their was a slight chance for us to live like a normal couple but no! He just had to ruin everything by not putting his trust in me. I know that whatever he saw made him angry and it was justified but he didn't listen to me when I tried to explain". Hajarah said in between hiccups.

She just finished spilling the beans to her sister whom just came over, she couldn't help it. She needed someone to hear her out

"Calm down, calm down please. I don't like seeing you like this sis"

"I also don't like seeing myself like this but he made me like this! Just yesterday I was planning on telling him what exactly had happened between Nadir and I, but I heard him on the phone with someone, he was saying that he cannot believe that I can do this to him and that I'm nothing but a disgusting girl whom gives herself out to a man outside marriage, and that too on my husband's bed! A-and that he doesn't think that he can even stay in the same room as me anymore. And if he gets the chance, he can let me go! He said that..Yaya Amma" She fell on her knees and began to cry

"Subhanallah, please get up sis. Why are you acting like some weak girl? Don't let whatever he says get to you, it's nothing big, all marriages have ups and downs and this is just small compared to other people's issues and all men are like that. They all need time before they cool down when you have a fight or an argument so don't take this as the end of your marriage. Man up and face him whether he likes it or not, force him to hear what happened and if even after that he still refuses to believe you than you can do whatever you want. I won't and no one will blame you"

"Okay, I'll try but if he doesn't, then I'll leave. And I won't look back". I hugged Yaya Amma tightly.

"Stop there." He halts her in her first step into the livingroom upstairs where she met him.

"Excuse me?" She questioned. "You heard me right. It's either you leave or I leave the place for you" He stated and I rolled my eyes

"None of us are going to leave and you must hear what I have to say. All what you saw, all that has happened on that day was something you completely misunderstood. Nadir and I have nothing as such, we are nothing. He just came here to explain himself to me which I declined but you know that I was already sick so I fainted and he brought me to your room, that was when you came in. But you were not willing to listen to me or him" She released a sigh of relief. Woah! Finally she said everything that was on her mind to him, she's sure he'll understand.

"Hm, nice story. How much long did it take you to plan it all? I mean...it's so complicated" He said with his voice full of sarcasm. She was completely shocked and taken aback. He really does think she's lying..oh wow, this is all her fault why did she ever think that he will actually understand?

He's a man afterall! All men are the same

"Yes, I know it is. And for your information all I said earlier was a lie. Nadir and I are having a relationship. Oh and if you're really tired of me then I'll advise you to let me go. Thank you very much" And with that, she left with her head held high

She didn't regret all what she said, he doesn't want to believe her and she will not beg him to believe her, no never. She's tried to explain her self enough

What has he done!

Sup y'all! How was the chapter?? It's been so long and I know..I'm sorry<3

Good news good news I'm fully back now and I've got alot planned for y'all so better get ready to be voting and commenting.

Might update tomorrow!🙂😌