CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Haajara🌺

I was still laying on my bed when I heard some loud sounds outside my door. I hope it's not what I'm thinking it is, I quickly stood up about to lock the door when it was bursted open by none other than Retired Colonel Usman Muhammad Dãha.

"Subhanallah!" I muttered seeing dada's angry state. I've never! I repeat I've never in my life seen him look this angry, mad and enraged.

"Oh you this girl what have you done! What did you say to Ammar?!" I ran back, my body shivering.

"Answer me!!" He yelled. "N-n-nothing, I-i didn't say anything dada. Believe me". I stammer

"Believe you my foot!! Hajarah, do you want to kill me? Or end my relationship with your mother's family and my friend?!" He shouted.

"Alhaji dan girman Allah kayi hakuri" Ammi begged.

"Why do you always tell me to close my eyes to this girl's stupid and childish behaviors?! Is that how you want her to pay back someone who saved her life?! So selfishly?!" .

"Yes dada! I'm selfish! I'm so selfish! I know that, you all know that so why did he have to help me? Who is he to me?" I sobbed.

"Shut up!! You know what?! I know what to do. It's not a punishment to everyone else but to you alone." He stormed out and I heard him shout at the Maid to call the driver and tell him to bring the car.

"Ammi please follow him. You know he's angry now" I said and Ammi shot me a heart piercing glare

"Is that what I taught you? Is that how I raised you?! To be so selfish that you don't even see what a big mistake you've done? Ungratefulness is one of the biggest mistakes and I'm sure you'll regret it one day. Don't be seeing the fact that I'm always backing you up, one day I won't be here to do that." And that was it, Ammi left the same way that Dada did. Angrily and disappointedly.

Ya Allah....I have no idea why I'm unable to see what he's done for me. Is it really that big of a deal?

Third Person's Pov.

Kano, Nigeria.

"Mommy!" She called as soon as she threw her bag and other stuff on the big couch.

"Yess darling" She answered from the kitchen.

She sauntered in and met her preparing her utter favorite, Cous Cous and fish sauce garnished with veggies.

"Mmm, what delicacy is my momma cookin'?!" She sang. "Your favorite, now have a seat let me serve you" Ikram brought out bottle of chilled coke from the fridge and sat down on the one of the tall brown dining chairs.

She served her the food on a white stainless glass plate. "Ya Allah, mommy your cooking is the best have I ever told you that?" She winked.

"Of course Ikky, infact come let me start teaching you my secret recipes before you get married" Mom teased. "You didn't complete your sentence mom..it's married to Ammar" Ikram grinned widely but didn't miss the look on her mom's face.

"Forget that, why don't you tell me what happened in school?" She smiled. "Oh mommy, you know that my entire life is about him, the love of my life, Ammar Hassan Magaji." She sighed dreamily wishing it was him touching her lips and not the food.

"Ikram can you stop this madness already? You never know whom he's meant to be with. Just pray and stop dreaming over something you aren't even sure if it's really love" Mommy sighed.

"Haba mommy, you should know by now that what I have for Yaya Amm is pure true love. And by Allah if any lady comes between us, I'll make sure she experiences something she's never dreamt of and anyways, that won't even happen cause he also loves me! And we're family so..I'll surely not have any one on my path right mommy?" She raised any eye brow daring her mother to say something against her dream.

"Come on Ikram. This is not the you I know, you should have atleast even a little bit of self respect in you, men chase women and not the other way around. Don't let something your mind thinks is right deceive you" She stood up and kissed her forehead, before she silently walked away.

Her daughter is really going mad..she has to do something or else she's sure this will go farther and no one will like that at all.

Especially if her dream of marrying Ammar doesn't come true.....it will be disastrouS!

*******

"Roohi, when do you think is the right time to tell our families about us?" She pouted as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"I also don't know yet Habibti, will they accept us?" He asked. "I'm very nervous baby. I hope this doesn't create any dramas especially from my side"

"Why your side, babe?" He asked. "You know that family tradition and all..." He placed a finger on her lips, cutting her off.

"But I am family..." His deep voice sent chills down her spine, she suddenly feels feverish

"H-how?". "You're Mima's paternal cousin, aren't you?" She nodded noiselessly. "And I'm Mima's maternal cousin so that makes us kinda related you see...and furthermore, our granddaddies were buddies soooo" He winks

"Oh..Jabbar can I love you anymore?" She sighed. "You will, when we get married. I will make sure to always give you sleepless and enjoyable nights" She chocked on her saliva and her body stiffened

"What?!" She shouts. "Oh..I'm sorry, that wasn't what I meant" He stifled his laughter. "Then what did you mean" She raised her head up and glared at him.

"I mean...we'll gist all night, do all sort of fun things and all. Gosh babe, your mind is so dirty".

"Oh now I have the dirty mind? That just did it!" She faked anger and stormed out of the car.

"Bye!" He shouted enough for her to hear.

He was bothered in anyway cause she'll be the one to check up on him later when he doesn't call her thinking something 'happened' to him on his way back to Abuja.

With that thought in mind, he drove off.

Short chapter...I know, I'm sorry please bare with me🥺🥺.

I had to quickly update because of the love y'all are showing this book🥺❤️❤️😭

Almost hitting 1k views!!🤩🤩💕

💗🍕