CHAPTER TEN

It's been long! Here's a long one🥀

Haajara🌺

Two Weeks Later,

Kano State,
Nigeria.

🍁🍁🍁🍁

How time runs so fast, I don't know. It's been two weeks since we came to Kano and to say these past two weeks were the best is the biggest lie of my life. Since the day Yaya Amma left and I found out that the one I consider as my brother actually loves me, I've not been myself again. I just shut everyone out! Including Mahnoor and Malika.

Speaking of Malika, they came back from the village last week and we had a sleepover with Mahnoor, they tried to make me speak up but I just couldn't. And the so called Nadir whom is actually the reason why all this is happening never calls me, I'm always the one who calls him.

Sometimes I just want to go somewhere and cry my heart out. All these things that are happening, all the events are really messing with my head big time. For the first time ever I want to leave Kano wholeheartedly and go back to Abuja. The air here is suffocating me! I just want to go back and have my normal life back in track. I need Nana at times like this but long distance is one big bad bitch!

Unknowingly, I started crying before they turned to sobs. My heart just hurts knowing that my sister is angry with me, my hearts hurt knowing that I broke the heart of someone dear to me, my hearts hurts the most knowing that the one whom I've fallen deeply for, the one whom I love with my entire heart might not even care anymore.

I really love him so much.

Thank God I was the only one at home so no one will hear my cries talkless of wanting to talk me out of it. I started hearing sounds, footsteps were approaching my room.

"Who is there?!" I shouted cause the house keys were with me and I locked the door myself.

I stood up and opened the door with a wireless lamp on my hand about to attack the person's head when he turned around facing me.

Blood rushed to my face and I felt cold all of a sudden. I've never felt so embarrassed! My hands were shivering when they lowered down with the lamp which I dropped on the floor.

"I-i y-you??" I stammered. "Yes me. So you were planning to attack me or what?" He asked with a raised eye brow.

"Uh-m n-no, no? I mean no I wasn't trying to attack you hahaha. Why would I?! I mean you're no thief, I know who you are, Yaya Ammar" I laughed defensively hoping he'd buy that.

"Don't lie to me again. I can see through your eyes, by the way Malika said that you were down and that I should bring you something on her behalf" He shrugged showing me the white paper bag.

"Why couldn't she come?" I asked with folded arms. "Uhm some girly stuff, period cramps?" I saw the tinge of embarrassment on his face so I fought the urge not to laugh.

Why are guys always like this when it comes to talks like menstruation and pad??!

"Oh Allah sarki. Oh and how did you get in? The door was locked" I asked suspiciously. "Must I explain that too?" He sighed like a little cute boy asked to get a break from football.

"Yuppp" I popped the 'P' with my hands akimbo. "I actually came here directly some minutes ago but the door was locked so I went to the main side and I met your mom and she said that you might not hear me and open the door so she gave me a spare key" He raised it to my face.