1.

The morning sun shone through my window, casting a  glistening golden light filling my bedroom. The subtle noise of birds chirping acted as my natural alarm clock.
Lifting myself out of bed and softly rubbing my eyes, I shut the window and close the curtains, smothering myself back in my duvet. I hate Mondays.

"Get your ass out of bed Lara!" Jennie shouts at a pitch only dogs could hear. Before I could protest, she is storming in my room and pulling my warm cover off of me.
"It's 8:30. I thought you were already awake!"

"What?! Fuck!" Quickly pulling myself out of bed, I run to the bathroom to get myself looking as presentable as possible in 10 minutes.
Jennie, being the saint she is, picked out my clothes for me while I was brushing my teeth and applying deodorant at the same time.

"What's on the agenda for you today then Lara?" Jennie asks , handing me a hairbrush, as I struggle to do up my jeans.

"Work, lunch break, work, go home and nap till dinner, maybe cry. Fun right?" I say while brushing out a huge knot in my tangled hair.

Jennie sighs sympathetically. "Any chance you'll break up with Sam today?"
"I gave him one more chance ok?" I say, sounding a little pathetic.

"Take a shot every time Lara gives Sam another chance"
"Too early for your sass" I snap back, quickly putting on some gold hoop earrings.

She smiles sarcastically, handing me my bag. " you're very late now." Jennie says, causing me to check my watch.

8:45

"Aghh gotta go. Love ya, bye!" I yell, as Jennie waves me goodbye.

~

I'm now sprinting down the stairs of my apartment block, scrambling in my bag for my car keys, wishing to be back in my bed, away from the world and the shitty people in it.

As soon as I step outside the old building, I feel a drop on my arm. Looking up, the sky is now a murky grey, now emitting a heavy rainfall.

Great.

I run in my car, slam the door shut, and drive. The streets in Seoul, busy as always, puts me in a further dire mood. Finally I'm almost at the cafe, despite a little road rage and almost a car crash.

9:02

I made it in time, well, thanks to Jennie.

"First time I've ever been here before you Lara, not very punctual I see" I can hear Jimins voice from behind the counter.

It's a slow morning at the cafe. "Weird to see you alive at this hour. Usually you roll in here at 11. Maybe 10:30 if you are feeling motivated." I say, smirking, while tying up my apron.

"Sam gave me the morning shift" rolling his eyes.

Last name I want to hear.

I lean on the counter with my arms, tucking my chin into my palm. "That sucks. At least I can chat to you! How was your weekend?" I quickly steer the conversation away from Sam.

"Ugh, it was ok. I met up with Hoseok on Saturday which was fun, but being single sucks. I want to date."

"You'll find someone Jimin don't worry." I say, smiling but trying to hold back a sigh.

Every Monday I hear the same thing. He's lonely. Me reassuring him he will find someone. Him reluctantly agreeing.

"I guess."

I serve a customer a muffin and a latte.
"Have a good day!" A plaster on my fake, cheesy worker smile.

Jimin turns towards me. "So how's things with you?"

I only reply with a groan.

"You wanna talk about it? I'm here to help if you need me." Jimin enquires.

I have to hand it to him, he can be a bit frustrating, but he's really sweet and does look out and care for me.

"Just relationship problems." I admit.
"Again?! What has Sam done this time?"

I wonder why he's acting surprised. This is nothing new.

"He never picks up the phone or texts me back, but thinks he can just come and go as he pleases. He crashed at my place this weekend and when I woke up he was gone. Left! Without telling me anything, but I found his dirty dishes on the table so I know he helped himself to breakfast!"

I take a deep breath.

"And when he finally replied when I called him 5 times, he said it's not a big deal and I'm just being dramatic as always."

"Ugh he's a pig." Jimin replies.

"Right?! We've been together almost a year I mean I don't know how much longer I can put up with this." I sigh and turn back to the till.

                                       ~

The day is still, sitting in silence, I can almost hear the arms of my watch tick as the seconds pass by ever so slowly.

The little bell on the door rings and I see a tall figure dressed all in black approach the counter.

"Hello." The masked man says, in a low, subtle tone, tilting up his head of silky black hair to reveal a pair of beautiful, deep brown eyes.

I'm frozen in time for a moment, in a trance, staring into his eyes, wanting this moment to last forever.

Something about him seems so familiar in my mind.

Quickly I snap back to reality, "hi how can I help you?" I send him a small smile.

This time he's the one in a trance.

"Could I have a black coffee to go please?" He says, while it feels as if he is staring into my soul.

I nod and begin making his drink.

I can feel his eyes on me.

Handing him his drink, he thanks me and slightly tilts his head and sits on a stool by the counter.

He's the only one in the cafe now.

"I thought you said to go?" I say, sounding a bit more nervous than I would like to put on.

He only replies with a shrug, lowering his mask revealing his face.

No, it can't be him.

Is that Kim Taehyung? The worlds most famous fashion designer?

It is.

I look shocked.

He noticed and a sly smirk creeps up on the mans face as he realised I finally recognised him.

His low, sultry voice broke the silence.
"Do you model?"

I'm taken aback by the question at hand.

Moving my brown locks out of my face I reply sounding slightly sheepish.

"N-no, I only work at this cafe. My mum always tried to push it on me but I never went through with it. Part of me wanted to model, but I wanted to piss off my mum more." My face flushes at the slight oversharing.

"What's your name?"

"Lara."

He smiles as beautiful eyes scan me once again. Then he stands up, rummaging through his black leather bag.

He pulls out some money and a business card and casually taps it on the table.
"If you ever want a job Lara, use this card."

I can hardly speak, but I play it cool.
"Thank you." I say in a calm manner.

Our eyes lock once more.

He turns and begins walking towards the door when I pick up the cash, he overpaid.

"That coffee wasn't made of gold you know!" I call to him sarcastically.

He only turns around, sending me a smile that warms my heart.

And with that, he left.