29.

"Jennie I can't find my bag anywhere!" I yell to the girl watching tv intently as I frantically scavenge around the apartment, running late. She only points to the table where it sits in plain sight.

"Fucks sake." I mutter to myself as I pick up my not so disguised bag. "I'm off now!" I project on my way to the door. Jennie waves me goodbye, her eyes still glued to the soap opera on the bright screen.

The car engine rumbles as I ignite it and make my way to the cafe Sam and I had arranged to go to. This meeting is one I'm not thrilled of, but curious as to how it will play out.

With each turn of the steering wheel I finally make it to a modern looking cafe, only ten minutes late. Not bad.

I walk in to see Sam sitting at a small table for two on his own, twiddling his thumbs. I haven't seen this person in so long, and it feels weird that so much has changed and here he still is.

Straight away I notice his appearance has differed, cleaner to say the least. His hair is free of grease, he is wearing dark jeans and a black jumper without any food stains on it, and by his clean shoes sits a new bag, hopefully his old one was incinerated.

I call to him and his beaming face shoots up, and he gestures for me to sit down. I smile politely and place myself on the leather chair.

"It's been so long! How how you been? I see you're a big shot model now, that's so sick!" He immediately jumps into conversation, I assume he is trying to avoid an awkward lull. My tongue is almost tied for words at his positive attitude. It is something I hardly ever saw before and it sends my mind to confusion. Is this a mask or has he really changed?

"Um, I've been good. Work's keeping me busy but I like it. How about you?" I say, trying to analyse this different font of a person sitting just a metre away.

"I'm really good actually. I've tried to turn things around after we split up and I've been working on myself." He starts explaining and I nod, "I've gone to anger management classes, I've moved out of my mates place, and I'm taking the cafe job much more seriously." He states.

I'm shocked at the things he just shared, I never thought Sam was capable of change.
"That's really good to hear Sam. I'm happy for you." I smile. He looks at me full to the brim with affection, but I give him none in return, not wanting to put any ideas in his head.

We get some coffees and make small talk a while, but I can tell he has more to say to me, more to confess, and when he looks sadly into my eyes I know that now is that moment.

"I'm so sorry Lara. For everything. Not just what happened at Jins party but also how badly I treated you. I didn't know just how lucky I was to have you until I didn't anymore." He says sorrowfully to me.

I am completely taken aback by his sincere speech, before I hardly believed he could apologise. He was too proud in the past but I can see how much he has grown.

"Thank you for saying that Sam." I say softly. I forgive him after all this time, but it doesn't take away the pain he caused me, and I will always remember that.

He smiles at me, "So you are dating Kim Taehyung right? He's a lucky guy." He says randomly and I bite the inside of my cheek. Was all that just a lead up to asking me about my love life?

"Look Sam if all this was just you trying to get me back then I'm going to go." I say, leaning down to grab my bag but he stops me in my tracks.

"No no Lara that's not what I was trying to do! I know better than to think I could get you back." He says and I settle back in my seat, crossing my arms.

"I just want to know you are happy that's all. So does he make you happy?" He asks kindly.

"Yes, he really does." I say truthfully, my heart warming when I admit to that.