13.

I surprise myself with the absence of tears on my drive home, as I have let too many fall for those people.

My head hurts and my eyelids feel heavy as rocks. As soon as I got home I drowned myself in my bed and the exhaustion of this long day finally hits me, allowing me to fall into a sedative sleep within seconds.

I'm roughly awoken from Jennie shaking me. "Lara you lazy girl! Come on you have to tell me about how it all went! I'm dying here!"

I blink my eyes open into a now dark room, getting up to turn on the switch. It projects a warm light filling every inch of the room and causes me to squint my eyes from the drastic change of scenery.

"It was good." I yawn widely.
"Wow that's so descriptive!" She rolls her eyes. I smirk as I start to feel more alive in the moment.

"Well my first day went well, I met his niece and he showed me around and everything." I smile thinking back to the wholesome encounter with the little girl.

"That's weird he showed you around. At work they usually get another employee like me to show around the newbies." She seems very engaged.

I look into my hands. Her insight makes me think further of this morning. I'm sure he was very busy, and there are always lots of models. Why would he be the one to get me settled in?

"I'm sure he was just trying to be nice." I say confidently.

"Maybe." Jennie says in a hushed tone.

                                        ~

It's been hours of me tossing and turning in my sleep but I simply can't shut my brain down. Thoughts of my day are wizzing around in my complicated head, interfering with my sleep.

Why was Taehyung the one to show me around? Is he just a flirt? My parents hate me. I'm never good enough. I shouldn't have had such a big lunch. Why do I feel this connection to my boss?

My head is on the brink of explosion, every fresh thought being ammunition.

I sigh heavily, however not one part of me is experiencing tiredness. Grabbing my phone my eyes widen when I see the time; 2:16.

God will I fall asleep?

Insomnia is something I have experienced many times in the past stemming from paranoia or stress, for which I'm now prepared for. I open my bedside table and grab my sleeping pills, popping one in my mouth and dry swallowing it.

It only takes a few minutes to kick in, so I settle under the warm duvet engulfing me, unsuccessfully trying to clear my mind of Taehyung. Slowly the image fades. I'm asleep.

~

A couple days pass and finally I have a shift at work today. Jumping out of my bed I excitedly run to the bathroom. Showering and getting ready. After that, I walk to the kitchen, my stomach rumbling loudly.

You shouldn't have breakfast. You're modelling now. Don't do it.

The destructive thoughts are trying to persuade me, but today I won't allow them to. I have some eggs on toast and orange juice. Feeling satisfied with my meal, I grab my purse, say goodbye to a half asleep Jennie, and leave.

~

I waltz into the studio with confidence, walking to reception to chat with Lois.

"Hello!" I say in a melodic voice; Lois looks up at me smiling.
"Lara hi!" She gets up and gives me a quick hug. "I'll walk with you." She helps me, realising I may not know where to go.