25.

He creates even further space between us when she asks that very question.

"No! Of course not, there's nothing going on with Lara and I." He blurts while looking around nervously. Ari seems awfully unconvinced.

"Ok good." She says suspiciously and strides away slowly. I turn to Tae with a puzzled look.

"Why did you lie to her? It's not like she's going to spread news or anything." I whisper, slightly confused.

"She might. It's better she doesn't know about us." He mutters. My frustration begins to bubble.

"Why?" The volume of my voice raising. He puts his a hand on mine and leans closer to me.

"Look, Ari and I have history. She would make a bigger deal about this than it has to be." He admits and I roll my eyes.

"So what? We all have past relationships. If she will get upset then it's her fault." I say, standing up and chucking his hand away.

"It would hurt her. I don't want that." He gets on his feet. My anger is boiling now and I storm away, wading through guests and going out to the garden.

It is empty outside as everyone is enjoying the refreshments and entertainment in the mansion, but the garden is still dimly alit by the lights hung to the walls. The sedative smell of lilies lines my nostrils and I can almost settle.

To my dismay his footsteps ring behind me and my peaceful environment is polluted once more.

"Lara stop!" He says, grabbing my wrist to stop me leaving him again. I sniff up my nose and look at him.

"You didn't care about the press finding out about us. You only cared about your ex thinking you were dating someone else. Didn't you?" I say, finally piecing together the lie he has been feeding me.

"I just wanted to be happy with you. And not deal with her again." He says quietly but I'm not listening.

"You're unbelievable Taehyung." I scoff.

"What is so wrong?! You were keeping it a secret too anyways!" He yells.

"Yeah because you told me to!" I shout at him.

He rolls his eyes, "you never questioned it. It's not that big of a deal."

"Do you realise what you have been making me do? Lying to the closest people in my live, everyday! Thinking you were ashamed to be seen with me!" I yell. "Just so Ari wouldn't get upset! Are you that pathetic?" He lowers his head at my words.

"Lara she was a big part of my life I won't lie to you but we are over! I'm sorry." The dots connect further.

I start walking away but turn back. "Do you still have feelings for her?" I point at the silent man, pacing backwards and forth.

"Please! What do you think of me?" He exclaims angrily, throwing his hands up in frustration.

"That wasn't an answer." I say firmly, but feeling a knot form in my stomach.

"Lara I already told you how I feel about you!" He whispers and holds my arms, pulling me close. I stay in his grasp for a moment more, then pushing him away forcefully.

He couldn't admit it. He couldn't even make up another lie to soften the blow.

"I'm the second choice. Aren't I?"

His face crumples at my sentence. So little said but so much baggage. "Of course not!" He says, his voice breaking, "this is just a lot right now." He says under his breath.

"I don't even know you anymore." I say, my eyes darkening.

"Lara please I'm sorry I lied. Is there anything I can do to fix this?" He looks desperately to me but I'm in shock at the man I thought I knew so well standing before me. I can no longer believe a word coming out his mouth, my heavy trust for him shattered in such a short space of time. I didn't think it to be possible.