26.

The rest of the evening was a blur, I could no longer enjoy the party with the thought of Taehyung alone in his suite, feeling guilty and upset. At least my friends were having a good time, and Yoongi was also very sweet, not leaving my side when he knew something was up with me.

Finally we get back to the hotel and I changed into my pyjamas, wanting to enter the subconscious realm as quickly as possible, away from my current depressive reality.

After giving Jennie the rundown of my dramatic evening we crawl into our beds, cocooning ourselves in our sheets and Jennie instantly falls asleep.

The hotel suite is pitch black and I can hear Jennies snoring surrounding me, but I'm wide awake, wracking my brain over the events of the evening.

My sleeping pills are unavailable as I stupidly forgot them on my bedside table, so my body is yet to shut down. I decide to get out of my room, needing to distract myself.

I put on a jumper and my shoes and step into the sweet night air of Milan, commencing a stroll around the dimly lit city. Despite all the intricacies of which would transcend my thoughts so easily most of the time, nothing seems to be working.

All I'm capable of doing is thinking about Taehyung, his shattered face when I told him to leave. I want to go back to a place where he smiled at me. Where I felt safe.

My feet take me to the Galleria. Looking to the spot where we shared my most treasured moment. His wonderful words and his soft kiss. The beautiful memory pains me and I turn away, wanting to be free of the chains which held my glance at that spot.

When I look away my eyes settle to a man sitting on the ground his head in his hands. I can recognise that head of hair from a mile away.

"Taehyung?" I lightly call to him and he looks up in an instant. Our eyes lock together and we analyse each other's faces, his wet with tears.

He doesn't say anything, just stands up and walks quickly towards me, sniffling and wiping his eyes. I'm taken in his arms as soon as we are in reach of each other. At first I stand stiff, taken aback by his sudden embrace, but when he squeezes me tighter I give in, wanting nothing more than to hold him now.

"I'm so sorry Lara." He mumbles into my hair and I plant a small kiss on his neck, the go back into the warm hug. He makes us separate so he can speak to me properly.

"I got angry when you thought I could have feelings for anyone else, that's why I didn't answer you. I thought it was obvious." He looks deeply to me, "You have never, not once, been second place to me." He states.

"How can I believe you?" I longingly look up to him.

He takes my hands and laces our fingers together, squeezing them then looking to me fondly. My breath quickens at the touch, waiting in anticipation for him.

"I love you Lara."

I almost gasp at his confession to me. My heart beats faster in my chest and the world warps around us, his words acting as a shield between any worries coming my way. I've never been so sure of anything in my life.

"I love you too." I whisper and he smiles with tears forming once more, he tucks my hair behind my ear and cups my face in his hand.

I lift my hand to touch his, turning my head into his palm and laying a light kiss on it. He slowly leans toward me, first kissing my forehead, then makes his way to my cheek, then my lips.

We melt into each others touch, our kiss so passionate and longing. I rake my fingers though his soft black hair and push him even closer to me, he sighs pleasurably when I do that. He then puts his hands under the bottom of my shirt, gripping to the skin of my back tightly.

We finally release each other so we can breathe, both our faces plastered with grins as we lean our foreheads together, inhaling and exhaling strongly. My heart is so full for him.

After only holding each other gaze as time passes, we decide it's time to go back since we're departing for Seoul tomorrow.

The walk home we talk a little, but mainly take in the few moments we have left in this beautiful city, even more enchanting at night time. I look at the colourful window shutters, and the unique stone ground. The small summer plants sprouting from nowhere, a little sign of life in an abyss of concrete.

I feel safe walking by Tae, so I don't need to watch myself, I can just observe the small beauties spotted around me, taking in the interesting little details one may miss often.

I notice a pink babies' sock laying on the ground, abandoned from it's partner. I wonder where the owner is now, most likely sleeping soundly in the comfort of their home. Another sock replacing the misplaced one I presume.

"a baby lost their sock." Tae points slightly gloomy and points to the little piece of clothing which I had just been pondering over as well. I chuckle at him and take his hand, his upset expression fading quickly.

1:05

We get back to the hotel after our slow stroll and we are walking through the hallway, trying to make as little noise as possible as to not awaken other guests.

He looks at my lovingly and kisses my cheek when we reach my door. "Goodnight." He whispers, but his expression says something else.

I stare at him, our feet playing a small fighting match. I take both my hands and softly place them against his jaw before kissing his cheek in return.

We stay like this a moment, it's so silent you could hear a pin drop. He looks further into my eyes before instantly pressing his lips against mine as I fall back against the wall.

Our lips perfectly mould together and I slither my hands past his jaw to the back of his neck, not wanting this moment to ever end, but I tense at us being so visible to anyone.

I finally force myself to separate our lips, "We can't do this here." I place my hand on his chest.

"Why not? I want to." He whispers and pulls me back into a kiss so tempting to let us continue here, but my sense kicks in.

"Not here Taehyung." I say quietly as his warm breath feels so nice against my skin.

"Say my name again." He whispers and my heart pumps faster.

"Wh- what?" I stutter stupidly and he smirks, leaning closer to me again.

"Say my name." He says, only a penny's width between us. A curl in my lips forms and I look straight into his eager eyes.

"Taehyung." I whisper to him and he can't help but kiss me even stronger than before, letting out a groan into my mouth.

He wraps his arms around my waist still kissing me, but moving us into his room, not struggling in the slightest to open his door with ease.

We stumble into the suite, still connected by our lips, never wanting to separate our magnetism to each other.

Sitting ourselves on the edge of his bed he leans me down gently, kissing down my neck and I press my eyes shut, stretching my head back in satisfaction. He works his way to my collar bone, planting soft pecks along it. I grin in excited anticipation.

"This is our last night here." He whispers in between his kisses and glances up at me.

"Then let's make tonight count."