5.

Blood begins to seep out of a fresh graze on my right arm and my eyes mix the flashing lights into one murky blur. A ringing noise in my ear deafens the sound of Jennie screaming at Sam and Jimin worryingly hovering over us, asking if we are ok.

I grab Jimins arm and pull myself up, with a second wind.

Sams eyes look into mine, filled with regret. But it's too late. "Lara I'm so sor-"

"No." I cut him off, using all the force within me to sound calm. I look at Jin still laying on the ground, then to my wounded arm, then to the man who caused all this.

"We're done."

Jennies voice dims as I finally act on what I've been waiting to do for months.

"Lara wait don't be dramatic I only-"

"WE'RE DONE SAM!" I finally manage to yell at him for the first time, surprising myself at the strength of my own voice.

I turn away walking in the other direction, tears forming in my eyes, when I hear voices arising again.

"Lara wait!"
"Are you ok!?"
"Bitch!!"
"Get out Sam."
"Lara!!"

I take off my heels and accelerate from walk to run. Not looking back, only trying to find somewhere I can be alone.

Finding a place outside the huge house with no one around, I break down and drag myself down the wall reaching the ground.

A tear runs down my cheek like a small rain drop, and with that, follows a storm.

My thoughts spiralling in my head like a tornado.

How could such a great night be utterly destroyed in the span of two horrible minutes?

I, alongside my friend, got assaulted. I just broke up with my boyfriend. And now I'm crumpled on the damp floor, crying so hard into my sleeve I could throw up.

I remember the card in my bag. This is all I have in this moment.

Slightly pulling myself together, I press the number into my phone, while wiping some fresh tears off my red, puffy face.

It rings. No answer.

I try again slightly losing the last string of hope I had. No answer.

I call the number once more. No answer.

I throw my phone away from me, letting out another sob of exhaustion. I'm so fucking tired.

I breathe in the fresh night air, staring up into the sky. The twinkling stars transcend me into a realm of serenity. Away from the one where my life is collapsing around me.

For a few wonderful moments I feel at peace, then I'm pulled back into my dreadful reality.

Realisation hits me like a bullet.

What am I doing?! I quit my job only because some stranger gave me his card and hasn't even responded. I'm unemployed, without a boyfriend, bleeding out of my arm, and crying in a dark corner.

I dread the feeling of self pity beginning to spark within me. I place my head in my hands and let myself cry again.

I feel as if that's all I can do in this moment.

"Lara? Are you there?" I can hear my familiar friend's voice.

Jennies face appears around the corner, seeming worried. As soon as I see her I burrow my face into my arms, trying to conceal the evidence of my tears.

The taps of her heels on the concrete approaching me is all I can hear. Without pressing me with questions she knows I wish not to talk of, she only hugs me.

"I know your not ok right now, but you will be. I promise you." She whispers softly. "You can cry with me Lara." Her comforting words beginning to mend the wound in my heart.

I uncurl myself and fall into her arms, tears streaming out of me in defeat.

We stay like this for a while, in a calming silence to wrap our heads around all the events of the night.

Jennie turns to me. "Let's go home. Jimin said he will drive us." I mumble in agreement, wishing to be wrapped up in my bed, away from all these people.

She helps me up as I gather my belongings that are scattered on the floor, excluding the stupid business card that had been deemed useless.

"They are out front by the cars." Jennie says while walking slowly, her arm locked with mine.

"Ok let's get through the house then" I sigh while hearing the blasting music playing from inside, knowing we will have to plough through crowds to get to the other side.

We re-enter the huge hall, that is no longer exciting and energetic, but claustrophobic and deafening.

Jennie and I hold each other's arms tightly and quickly wade past everyone, finally reaching the enormous entryway. We walk down the steps back out into the fresh air, spotting Jin and Jimin leaning on a car, seeming distraught.

We re-unite with the guys, concerned looks spread across both their faces as they see my bloody arm. I look at the wound and back up at them, " it's not as bad as it looks, it's not even bleeding anymore. It doesn't hurt don't worry." I try to put their minds at ease.

"Lara I'm so sorry it's all my fault-" Jin begins unnecessarily apologising.
"It was in no way your fault" I respond, while looking around to make sure Sam is nowhere around.

Jimin notices this and reassures me, "don't worry about that dickhead, we threw him out and watched him drive off."

I sigh in relief, knowing he isn't anywhere near me, and wishing for this awful night to come to a close.

"Are you ok Jin? He hit you pretty bad." I ask, worried about my friend.

"Oh I'm fine, I was just worried about you." He gives me a broken smile.

Jennie looks at me and says, " I think we should get home." And I agree with her. Jimin nods and grabs his car keys.

I pull Jin in for a hug, and whisper in his ear, "happy birthday" and with that he hugs me harder, I can feel his guilt seeping through his strong body.

I pull away and step into the car, giving him a faint smile and wave. The car takes me home and I lay my head on Jennies shoulder, drifting to sleep.

A deep sleep.