34.

As soon as we arrived at House Of Gim, Namjoon gave us a warm welcome with three huge bowls of steaming hot ramen, which we all greatly appreciated. My two other friends are gossiping together about some guy in Jimins dance troupe he finds attractive so I look at jolly chef, who's cutting up onions with a big smile on his face, revealing his lovely deep dimples.

"How are you not crying by now?" I ask, pointing at the onions. He simply shrugs.
"I guess I'm used to it, it's a daily thing for me." He states and I nod.
"You have a super power." I say and pretend to bow down to him, to which he chuckles, taking off his apron and walks around the counter, sitting down next to me.

We catch up as time runs so quickly, that is always the case when talking to an old friend, and I should go home to Jennie as it's starting to get late.

I texted Jennie earlier asking what she's up to and if she wants to have dinner together but there's no reply. It's not a big deal but does pose as strange.

"Do you guys need a lift home?" I ask my two chatty friends, putting my phone back in my bag, but they shake their heads, Jimin weighing his arms around Lois' shoulders.

"That's ok, we are going to watch a movie together with Jin, which you two are more than welcome to join!" He suggests and Lois nods accordingly.

"Sorry I can't. Got to get back to the wife." He smiles, wigging his ring finger and I smile, elbowing him jokingly.

"I'm going to go home two guys, I'm really tired. And I may not have a wife but I do have a Jennie to get home to." I say and we chuckle together before splitting off.

Lois and Jimin head out to the cinema and only Namjoon and I are left to say our goodbyes.

"So, you are very smiley recently, Taehyung better be treating you well." Namjoon says with raised brows.
"He is. Promise." I say truthfully and he nods.

"Thanks so much for everything today Namjoon. It was really nice." I quickly give his hand an innocent squeeze.

"Please it was my pleasure. I missed you guys." He says sweetly. I smile and reciprocate the affection he has for Jimin and I.

He's always been in my life, looking out for me, making sure I'm happy. Someone as caring and strong as him is hard to find. He is truly a rare blessing. Whenever I need him, he's there for me, and my heart fills with gratitude for this fond friendship.

"I've got to get going, give Rosé a kiss for me." I wave and my hand reaches for the doorknob, but his voice stops me in my tracks, turning my head over my shoulder to look back at him.

"Lara, you seem happy."

"I am."

"Good, then I'm happy too."

                                        ~

Every few minutes on my drive home my smile gets yanked back up my face, pulled by the kindness of my friend. I feel so lucky that I'm surrounded by people who care for me so lovingly, who I would climb mountains for. Which is really something because any physical exercise is just not really up my alley.

I finally arrive home and manage to open the god awful door lock, dropping my bag as soon as I get in and sighing with tiredness.

"Jennie, you home?" I yell into the home. No answer. "Jennie!" I yell a little louder this time. Still with not a voice coming from anywhere, I look around the apartment, hoping to find her but failing.

That's so weird. She's always home by now.

I try calling her more than a few times, sending her many messages as well, but no contact was made in the slightest. My worries begin to form, my inner cheek hurting from how hard I'm biting it. Where could she be? Why isn't she home by now?

Before panicking, although my paranoia is forming, I decide to calm myself down. She could be out with colleagues or Noah and her phone died. She could be working late and hasn't checked her phone.

Don't make presumptions of the worst when you hardly know the story.

Taking a deep breath I drop my phone onto my bed and try to distract myself, heating up a bowl of soup and slowly sipping.

She will be home soon. Relax.

My nerves rise up again after a few hours pass, now reaching on midnight and still nothing. Just as the trembles in my hand arrive, so does Jennie. Finally.

On hearing the door unlocking I instantly get up, running to the door, where she is standing there guiltily. My worries are gone and only anger lingers in me.

"Where have you been?! I was so worried something happened to you!" I shout a little to loudly and Jennie quickly shuts the door, putting her finger over her lip and pointing out, saying not to wake the neighbours but that's the last thing on my mind.

"Sorry, I was at Noah's and we lost track of time." She says but I scoff.
"Seriously? Is that your excuse? I must have called and texted you like a million times!" I yell, though quieting down a bit.
"Look I said I'm sorry! I'm an adult though you know, it's not a crime to stay out late." She says, sounding annoyed for some reason.

"There's nothing wrong with staying out. I'm pissed off because you ignored me for hours, not even texting me saying you'd be home late." I exclaim angrily, "you don't do that shit to your best friend, especially if you live together and know I'd worry." I mutter, looking up to her eyes which seem filled with a mix of rage and sadness.

She huffs, straightening her body up again to look at me firmly.
"Yeah Well it's not like you want to live with me! You can't wait to move out. You don't even care about this place, our home we made together." He pours out and I look at her in shock.

The dots finally connect. She was acting so strange ever since I suggested moving somewhere new, was she hurt by that? This was our first apartment we got together, and lots of heartfelt memories were made here. In all fairness it would be hard for me to leave here too.

"Jennie that's not true! I love this place! I just think we should find somewhere safer." I try to explain but when I do she sends me a puzzled look.

"We? I though you wanted to move out by yourself! I've been wanting to tell you that I'm going to move in with Noah." She drops the bomb on me.

My face drops. "What?! I wanted us to find some place together. I'm not ready to say goodbye to us as roommates." I say sadly and her face drops too, but sympathetically, she walks closer and joins her hands together, looking at her twiddling thumbs.

"You might not be, but I think I am. I think it's time for Noah and I to take this step forward in our relationship. Is there any way you could understand that?" She looks up at me nervously and my heart sinks.

This is the friend that has been stuck like a magnet to my side since we were little kids. Growing up together and living together, experiencing so many wonderful things in each other's company. The thought of us not waking up in the same home saddens me, sending a small tear down my cheek.

I pause a moment, trying to gather what has been said.
"I understand. You and Noah have been together for over a year, and I knew it was a matter of time before you moved out. I just never thought what it would actually be like." I admit.

She wipes the tear from my face and smile sadly at me.
"It's sad for me too, but I'm not moving out until you are going to be settled someplace new, so let's not cry about leaving now, because this is still our home for a some time." She comforts me and I manage to let out a small smile.

She will always be my best friend, I know that for certain. I will still see her happy smile and hear her comforting words even out of a shared roof. And that's all I need to know to feel once again at peace. She is always going to be where I feel at home.