10.

After my breakdown over Sam, the weekend came to a close at last, after such a wide range of emotions I think I should be analysed. The contents of the past few days consists of throwing up, crying hysterically, sporadic laughing fits, binge watching South Park, and sleep deprivation.

Despite my rollercoaster of emotions, dreading the end of the weekend was not one of the many, as this is possibly the first Monday of my life I have ever had any excitement towards. This is evident as for when I woke up before my alarm rang its tedious tone, I didn't go back to sleep again.

Instead I had a shower and ate a small breakfast, starting my day off well for a change.

8:00

The floor is cold on my bare legs, creating a layer of goosebumps covering my body.
I'm applying makeup while listening Jennie talk off my ears about her and Noah. Now I have retained more knowledge of their ramen date they had yesterday than anything I leaned in college.

"- and then he walked me home in the dark and kissed me goodbye and-"
I picture Taehyung working at his desk, his strong hands scribbling designs onto a piece of paper.
"-and we were laughing because I said-"
His thin golden chain dangling from his neck.
"-he's so sweet right?"

I warp back to the present moment. "Yes very." I smile at the talkative Jennie, realising I had blanked every word she said for the past two minutes.

"You have no idea what I just said do you?" She scoffs, catching onto my ruse, to which I nod reluctantly in response.
"Sorry I'm just distracted." I mumble, forcing the image of that man out of my head.

"It's ok, I was going on a bit of a rant anyways." She chuckles, "So have you told your mum and dad about the new job yet?" The mention of my parents sends my joy spiralling down.

"Nope. But I'm going to this afternoon, its something I want to do in person, not over text." As my parents have never supported my life choices before, it doesn't come as a shock to me that I'm hesitant to inform them of this one.

"This is good news Lara don't worry, they'll be happy for you." I look at the hopefulness going through my friends kind eyes, knowing that you can only understand so much from a secondhand perspective.

Deciding to end the family talk I ask for her input on my attire of the day, as talk of clothing and fashion can completely distract Jennie in a heartbeat. "Should I wear joggers or leggings?" Waving the two options in front of me.

Usually I would never dress so unprofessionally to my first day at a new job, but Taehyung messaged me prior saying that I would be changing there. So I'm not going to dress myself up for him.

"Joggers, just be comfortable." She snatches the leggings away, acting as if it was disgusting to even suggest the thought of wearing them.

I change and I feel instantly relaxed, cocooned in the soft fabric of my joggers and hoodie. Combing my fingers through my soft, freshly cleaned hair I take a deep sigh, relieved that I'm ready to leave. "Last checks, how do I look?" I quickly twist my body back to Jennie, who is clearly texting Noah as she has a grin going from one ear to the other.

 "Last checks, how do I look?" I quickly twist my body back to Jennie, who is clearly texting Noah as she has a grin going from one ear to the other