37.

After my meeting at Vouge Korea's HQ, I had two weeks before I had to leave, I was going to New York first, and who knows where my adventure will take me next. I spent every last second I had surrounded by the people I hold so close in my heart.

I had my last day of work where I said goodbye to my sweet friends and colleagues. Even Ari. I didn't want to end it on a bad note with her.

I went on a day trip to the nature reserve with Lois and Jin, who are officially sickening together but so sweet nevertheless.

I ate a meal with Namjoon and his wife, they so kindly invited me over and cooked a delicious meal which we savoured together.

I had a sleepover with my two oldest and bestest friends. Jennie, Jimin and I spent most of the time reminiscing and crying together. We washed down our heavy emotions with a load of margaritas.

And I spent every moment in between that with the man I love. We ate meals together, woke up together, and laughed together. Every moment felt like my perfect dream, with my perfect boy.

But every dream must come to an end eventually.

So here I am, adding the final bits and pieces to my luggage while chatting with Jimin and Jennie. Taehyung insisted on going to the airport with me even though I was quite hesitant. Anywhere that we say goodbye will hurt, but at the very final moment will pain me so much more.

"Guys Tae just texted me, he's waiting downstairs." I smile sadly at the pair, and they both suddenly walk up and hug me together, the connection that our trio has will never fade. I know of that, but it is disheartening all the same. We grew up together, and now it's my next step I have to take to grow too. We stay in our group hug for as long as we can, and when we finally break apart we softly giggle as we all started crying at the same time.

"Call us as soon as you land or I'll be really mad!" Jimin says through a sniffle and I nod, hugging him again and quickly kissing his cheek. Then I turn to Jennie. I let out a pained exhale and smile. I give her the biggest hug of all, whispering in her ear.
"Love you babe." I say and we giggle lightly. I break away and take the handle of the suitcase in my hand.

I look at my beautiful best friends, so proud of them both. And with a final wave, I close the door to them behind me.

I walk down the stairs of which I dreaded so much every single day I lived here, but now for some strange reason I think I'll miss them, although that could all be my stirring pot of emotions, I think it won't be the same without them. They made me enjoy getting home so much more.

I get out into the autumnal breeze of Seoul to see Taehyung leaning against a huge car parked right outside. When he notices me he jumps up, taking my luggage for me and opening my door. I get in next to him and smile, saying hello to the driver.

"I thought it would be good to have a little security, there may be some pushy people when you get out of the car." He explains and I nod.

The windows are so darkly tinted I couldn't see into the front seat from outside. The drive to the airport is almost silent, we are only holding each other's hand. I think if I looked at him right now I would cry, and that's the last thing I want to do. Even if we aren't speaking, I never want this car journey to end. I don't want to get on that plane if he isn't sitting next to me.

Sadly, the airport arrives so much sooner than I would've liked, and now we are just sitting in the back, knowing the next words we share will be our goodbyes.

"Tae, you know I really did think about of long distance, but..." I admit and he nods.

"I know. I thought of every or any option we had too." He says and I take a deep breath.

"I would rather we end this wonderful thing we have here, than in a few months when we drift apart. It would hurt more to see us fade than to see us end now." My voice begins to crack.

"I agree." He says under his breath, his face begins to flinch, the erge to fight tears is evident.

"I don't want to leave you." I say in a whisper but my hurt voice peaked through, holding his hand so strongly as the tears begin to fall.

"I love you too much that I couldn't let you not take this job. It would be selfish of me to stop you from flying." He says so kindly. By now my face is a waterfall.

"But I'm happy staying on the ground with you." I mutter sadly. Now the idea of me leaving seemed so utterly absurd. It actually worried me how much I would give up for another in this moment.

"You may be, but I'm definitely not happy being the one that holds you down." His voice breaking now too.

I check my watch and our time is running out, I can hear the anxious paparazzi buzzing outside and I mute everything but the man sitting next to me in this moment.

He tucks my hair behind my ear.

He holds my hand.

He kisses me.

Our lips long to stay together, but we have to part. Wiping each other's tears free from our cheeks, my hands crawl away from his face and around his body.

I hug him.

I run my fingers through his hair.

I look into his loving eyes.

"I've got to go." I whisper,

I let go of him,

and his face crumbles. I start gathering my backpack together and putting on my cap, getting my sunglasses ready for when I step out of the car.

I reach for the handle and open it an inch, hearing the crowds beginning to rumble, before looking back at the man I love with my whole heart.

"Goodbye Taehyung."

"Goodbye Lara."

My stomach churns and my face cracks as I step out of the car at last, closing the door which separates us, but I still feel our magnetic connection.

I fell like a house of cards for him, so easily too. But now I have to do the hardest thing, falling out of love with him. Despite how desperately I want to hold onto him forever, I will never be happy again until I let him go.

The driver hands me my suitcase and I thank him, although the urge to run back into that car and drive off with him is so strong, my feet are taking me forward, into a new, exciting venture in my life. Who knows what the future holds, if I will see him again, but that is irrelevant now. I have a lot to accomplish and so much to see. And I'll do it on my own.

Eventually my wounds will heal, and my scars will fade.

He was a chapter of my story, a wonderful one, but just a chapter. And now I can finally move onto the next one.