12.

After we have polished the contents of the bibimbap bowl and had an in depth conversation with Namjoon about the current dramatic events in my life, Jimin had to get back to work. And I made a promise to Jennie I would talk to my parents today, and I reluctantly intend to keep it.

"Right I'm of for work." Jimin pulls a sour face.
"And I have to see my parents." I pull an even more sour face.

"Come on guys it will be fine. Day's almost over!" Namjoon tries to perk us up, despite the harrowing hours ahead of us. Turning to Jimin I see he is putting on his coat.

"Do you want a lift back to work? I'm going that way anyways." I offer, wanting a little more support before arriving at my family home.

"Ugh thank you yes. I couldn't be arsed to walk all the way back." He smiles, satisfied.
"Oh yeah for the huge hike two streets down right?" Namjoon mocks.
"Yes actually." Sarcasm coating  Jimins lips. That little remark received a playful whack on the side of his head from a smirking Namjoon.
"OW"
"Oops."

I bat their hands away, laughing. "Alright you two enough fighting" as I stand between the idiots chuckling. "Jimin if you get fired for being late you'll only have yourself to blame." I point my finger at him mockingly. Namjoon slowly nodding his head in agreement.

"Ok ok I get it. Let's go." He laughs.

We hug and say our goodbyes to our old friend, thanking him for lunch, while promising to come back soon.

I open my car and Jimin and I jump into the comfy front seats.
"I forgot how nice this car is." Jimin admires all the random buttons and cup holders. I look around the car, and remembering the awful situation of how I came to own it.

"Yep. So anyway how have you been?" I steer the topic in the opposite direction, aware that you can distract anyone's point of focus by getting them to talk about themselves.

"Not that bad actually. Me and Hoseok went to a dance class to maybe get back into it, and I loved it so much."

"That's amazing Jimin! You always were always the best dancer in the school team. You should definitely start again." I look at him and smile, then back to the road. I didn't lie. I was constantly amazed at his talent with dance, watching him perform always brought me joy.

We begin reminiscing of our secondary school days together. When me, him and Jennie caused trouble together, the lessons we loved, our class mates we hated, golden memories of when we bonded and I gained my best friends.

School was a shit show, but they made it better. I get that warm feeling in me when I remember how much love I have for my friends, despite cringing about how secretly sappy I can be.

~

Our laughter dies down after some time passes by, and I let myself absorb the sunshine passing through the glass, creating a gentle warmth on my face.

"So your going to your parents huh." Jimin
says breaking the silence, with an expression that portrays his sorrowful empathy for me.
"Yeah and I'm fucking dreading seeing them."
I answer truthfully, gripping my hands righty on the leather wheel.

"I understand, but don't you think it's different this time? I mean you've got incredible news, they might even be happy!" He sounds a bit to hopeful, as if putting it on to encourage me.

"It's never different. They never approved anything I've ever done, unless it's what they wanted. You know that." I stare ahead with a locked glare of disappointment.

Jimin mumbles in agreement, knowing not to pick the wound further.

I pull up to the cafe and stop the car, turning to Jimin and smile. He seems conflicted.
"Look do you want me to go with you for support. I'll say I've got a dentist appointment or some shit I don't care." He offers so kindly.