°•~68~•°

•[Trials]•

Y/N and Nanami are sitting in his car in complete silence. Gojo is in the back still knocked out. Y/N couldn't look at him though, she'd only feel bad for him and she didn't want that.

"I wanted to ask you something." Says breaking the silence. Nanami said nothing. Y/N didn't have to look at him and ask him if he was listening to her. She knew he was. He didn't had to answer to notify her if that. "What Gojo said back there that got you so vexed...tell me about it."

Nanami kept his eyes on the road. Gojo's words can flooding back to him. It may have been years but sometimes, on days so lonely, it all made Nanami felt like the accident was just yesterday.

"I'd rather not." He finally answers.

Y/N glanced back at Gojo who stirred in his sleep. "And why not?" She mistakenly whispers.

Nanami said nothing for a while. He zoned out as he drove to their destination in complete silence. Y/N exhales, looking out of the window, taking it as a sign to not ask any further questions.

Nanami exhales. "She was a pretty girl. She had big beady eyes and her glasses we ten times the size of her face. A few freckles painted her cheeks, like splattered paint on a white canvas. She'd always have her hair braided in fishbones with her favorite colored blue bows at the end of them. I fell for her the moment I saw her, but I was a shy, stiff guy with no ryhtm. A speak unless spoken too kind of guy.

"Time passed and I'd watch her; that until she came up to me one day. I was sitting alone at a table going over a few notes and different techniques and fighting styles. I was surprised to be honest. She asked me what I was doing and I told her. From there she and I began chitchatting and began to build a friendship.

"A month into our friendship we had no problems. She'd always want to hear me talk about the different types of curses and all that other mess, whether she knew about them or not. We'd go out to eat and talk about ourselves as a way to get to know each other more by heart. Honestly I liked every moment of those times. So much I made it a schedule. Or well...it became a schedule.

"However, on a particular day things began to change for a bit. She said she couldn't attend because she had a few family matters. I brushed it off and went about my day, not thinking anything bad since it was indeed a family matter. Things continued as normal the next day and I felt happy. But after that... things shifted.

"We were out having lunch one day when Gojo spotted us. I desperately wanted to leave because I knew he was going to make some kind of scene. But he didn't which should've been my second warning."

"Your second warning?" Y/N questions

"The first was him showing up." He explains. Y/N made and 'o' shape with her mouth.

"I felt embarrassed since he began sprouting all kinds of things like, "way to go" or "finally have someone I see". However, Gojo began showing up more and more. Then she and I talking would drift off to she and he. I'd sit there as he made her laugh and would tell her how much studying is boring and that she was so smart that she didn't need books.

"Just like that I lost her. She began changing the way she dressed. From long dresses to short skirts. I asked her why but she could never give me a clear answer. But when Gojo would come around he'd always compliment her legs or hair. She'd blush and appreciate his compliments.