°•~108~•°

•[Veronica]•

THREE MONTHS LATER...

DECEMBER 6

Gojo fixed his tie and checked his hair. He's fucking old now and he hates the fact that he thinks he's starting to look it too, even if he doesn't look like he's aged at all.

He's excited, however he's scared as well. He's got no idea who's coming over to the house to attend his birthday bash. Just a few drinks and food, nothing too fancy. He's only just gotten back into the game.

Gojo struck a pose and winked at himself. "You are dazzling." He comments with a smirk. Just then Y/N came in.

She glanced at him with a questionable look onto his face. "I'm not going to ask. By the way it's nearly ten o'clock and we're missing the cake."

"Cake?" He didn't know there was a cake. Y/N gasped and felt her cheeks flare up. He turned to face her instead of looking at her in the mirror.

"I didn't know there was cake involved."

"I-its was supposed to be a surprise." She mutters. Gojo grinned and pranced over to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her.

The kiss was slow, not rushed and savored. He pulled away, pecking her on the lips once more as he brought her hand to his lips. Gojo rubbed slightly, kissing the back of her hand.

"I'll just pretend I know nothing of a cake. If it's good I'll moan aloud to see that flustered look of yours." He whispers.

"Ugh, whatever." Y/N shoved him slightly and he gave her another kiss.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too."

Gojo gave her a hug and exhaled heavily. They stood there for some time just hugging each other. One could've mistook it as a slow dance, even if they stood still in silence.

"Gojo, I would love to do nothing more but to be in your arms right now but I've got to get the cake." She grins.

Gojo gave her a kiss on the lips and pinched her cheek lightly. "Hurry back yes? I want to give you something and I have been waiting for a long time now." Mainly because he'd been nervous. However, he won't tell her that.

"I'll be back before ten to greet everyone. If I don't think I'll be able to make it in time I'll call you before time."

Gojo exhaled. "Okay."

"Don't stress it. You'll be fine."

For the past three months he just fought curses, trained the crew and gave normal orders. There wasn't fun, messing around, playing, no Yuji clinging to him and wanting to do extra training or wanting to just hang out with him.

There was silence. Sometimes awkward, sometimes empty. The most Gojo did was compliment them on their improved skills. He wouldn't joke and if he did, he'd do so at the right time and moment to make sure that it would fit.

However, things aren't the same anymore. And he's more than glad to give them their time. However long it takes he'll wait for their forgiveness.