Dinner party

I was delighted to see that the dress fit perfectly, truly a true work of art.

It was also hugging and comfy, it gave my child-like body some attention without revealing anything. I loved it.

Saturday night, meaning it was the day for the dinner party with Mr. Hertz, who had just arrived.

I smiled at my reflection in the mirror.

I had purposely kept my makeup to a minimum, a natural look. Eyeliner, mascara, a little pink blush, and pale pink lipstick.

I didn't really need the blush. I was already flushed from the anticipation and excitement.

There was only one person I wanted to impress, I hoped the look would do the trick.

I took in a breath in front of my reflection and made my way down the stairs, clutching onto the rails so I don't fall over with the heels, I hated them out of everything tonight, but I had to gain some attention.

How would he take me seriously if I showed up in sneakers, even though I was in pain.

I stopped near the stairs and noticed Mr. Hertz, he was talking to Jason and three other men in the hallway, his back to me.

I took him in as I made my way over, from behind he looked nothing short of a powerful businessman and the navy suit just added to his appeal. He was so hot.

The boys surprised, appreciative expressions alerted him to my presence.

He turned and made his way to me, I stood and waited awkwardly.

Holy cow! My mouth dried. He looked so stunning from up front. . .

The boys quickly excused themselves,

His lips relaxed into a smile as he took a proper look at me, his expression as he gazed at me was one of awe.

"Alison." He breathed out my name as
he strolled toward me and kissed my forehead, "You look lovely." He said and I felt the sting of disappointment.

I definitely didn't put in all the effort for Lovely.

Not to mention he was looking at me with warm eyes, no lust, no desire of any sort, that just irked me.

"Are you okay?" He noticed.

I managed to put up a smile and then wrapped my arms around him,

"I'm perfect, never been better."

I really thought I would make a statement tonight, but apparently, it took more than that to impress Mr. Hertz.

Someone cleared their throat, having us turn to notice Henna. She pierced at me directly, I still had my arms around Mr. Hertz.