91

Alison

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling relentless, I creeped out of bed slowly and tried not to wake David.

I made it out of the room and into the kitchen, then Opening the fridge, I reached for a bottle of water and drank it all in one sip.

I got another one and turned to head to the living room, I wasn't feeling like going back to bed.

I plopped on the couch as my eyes wandered to the window, The night was really quiet and you could see the stars above in the dark sky, it was so beautiful.

"Ali?" David's voice broke through the silence, he took longer than expected, "Here you are." He said as he joined me on the couch.

"Hey, did I wake you?"

"No. I wish you had."

"You seemed tired."

"You should be sleeping." he cautioned.

"I got thirsty...." I said with a flitted sigh.

He took my hand into his and squeezed it, "You okay?"

I nodded.

He didn't say anything for a while, but his eyes read worry as they stared back at me,

"Talk to me?" He whispered.

I knew he was referring to the situation with my mother, he had decided not to bring it up since it was upsetting me.

"I don't know what you want me to say."

I took my eyes back to the window feeling my eyes flaring up. I hated feeling this way. I was thankful she was alive, but also angry and the resentment wasn't good on the baby.

I turned my eyes to him in tears.

"I think I'm harming our baby?"

He gave my hand another squeeze,

"All this Anger can't be good. I need to let it out."

"Then talk to her, listen to what she has to say." He suggested.

"What's even there to say? How can she explain playing dead? David, I'm barely a mother, I have no idea what it means to be a parent, but the thought of abandoning my child for even a second is tormenting, Talk more than 18 years."