52

Alison

I got ready for school and made it downstairs, knowing there was no way Henna would let me out without having breakfast, especially on my exam day.

"Morning, Henna," I said as I stepped into the kitchen.

"Morning, How was your night?" She threw me a sweet voice.

"Short." I groaned and poured myself a cup of water, "I pulled an all-nighter...I hope I don't drool over my answer sheets."

"You would do fine." She assured me.

"I hope so.." I mumbled.

"What would you have--"

Henna was cut short by a husky man entering the room,

"Henna, please, coffee?" David made his way into the kitchen, all built and bossy.

"Yes, of course." She quickly went to get it done, backing us, "Would you like some toast to go with it?" she asked him,

"That would be fine, thank you." He answered, and I rolled my eyes at him, "Alison?" he smirked.

"Mr. Hertz?" I returned it.

He took a chair at the table.

I couldn't trust myself; my body tended to go wild around him.

He pulled out and sat next to me,

"How's the preparation going?" he asked, obviously teasing me,

"Fine, and how's work?"

"Splendid--"

I felt a sensation, and I glanced underneath the table to see his hands greasing mine; he was so corny with that,

"You are going to get us in trouble.." I mouthed to him.

"Here you go." Henna turned, and I snapped out of it, "Be careful." She dropped the cup of coffee and plate of toast in front of him, "Is there anything else you need?"

"No, thank you." He gave her a polite smile,

She nodded and turned away again.

I sighed and tried to finish eating.

"Nervous," he whispered, sipping his coffee.

I nodded in response. Besides the butterflies I got when I was around David, I felt tense about the exams. If I failed, I would have to stay back another year,

To make things worse, I had barely covered. "You will do fine." He said and took my hand into his.

Luckily, Henna had her attention on the stove, too busy to notice anything behind her, "I love you." I mouthed to him, and he gripped me even harder.

But we quickly parted hands-on, noticing Henna turning around again, "Run along now, or you will be late for your exams."

I stood up and got myself ready to leave; just then, I had an idea to get me off things, "Mr. Hertz, can you drop me off at school?" I remembered to call him by his last name so Henna doesn't get suspicious; she already assumed I was seducing him.

"David, do you mind?" She begged him for me.

He dusted himself up and behaved like he was frustrated with the idea, "Wait outside; let me grab my keys." He said.

I nodded and watched him walk towards his office.

"Bye, Henna," I said and ran towards the door.

"Good luck." She yelled after me.