77

Alison

The door swung open revealing Jenna with a bottle in her hand, I was still tied to a chair, and had lost my voice from screaming all night,

"So...where were we?" She took her seat, "ah! David's party."

"I don't want to hear any more of your lies." I spat.

"Don't say that, I just getting to the fun part."

Flashback

A few days after David's party, I needed an excuse to see George again, he barely made it to the house since David hardly spent time at home.

So, I came up with a perfect plan to visit him, I walked up to his doorstep on Sunday and pressed the bell, It took a while before someone answered the door, so I took the time to look around the property, it was really great, almost the same size as David's.

The front door opened and turned back to be faced with a confused Anne,"Hello?" she chirped politely. To be honest, I had nothing against Anne, I mean it was not her fault, she just got caught up in the web.

I cracked up a smile,

"I am Jenna." I said and she gave me an unsure look, "David's sister." I added.

Her mouth cupped into a smile in realization," I knew that face seemed familiar, please do come in."

I nodded and stepped inside as she closed the door behind me, they were still unpacked boxes lying around everywhere.

I had always wondered why they came back.

"Pardon the mess, I haven't had time to get everything arranged," she said as we walked further into the enormous house, all of these could have been mine, I could have lived this life with George, I thought.

"What would you like to drink?"

we stepped into the kitchen.

"Coffee," I replied.

I couldn't help the happy thought that George could be somewhere behind those walls.

"What a lovely home?"

I sat behind the counter.

"Thank you, make yourself comfortable," she said with a smile as she turned away to make the coffee,

"What do you do?" I asked.

"Not much, I own a small brand marketing company. You must have heard of it, Leezy." Way to rub that on my face,

"I haven't." To think I applied to work there a few months earlier and never got a callback, "You're doing amazing, I'm so jealous."

"Don't be, you are bound to do great things. Are you in college?"

"I just graduated." I said looking around warily," I haven't decided what I want to venture into yet."

She dropped the cup of coffee in front of me, "just take your time, there's no rush." she said with an encouraging smile, she was really sweet, and a little part of me just couldn't help but feel guilty that I was in love with George.

I brought the cup of coffee to my lips,

"Where's everyone?" I asked as I took a sip.

She sighed silently before answering,