55

Alison

Weeks went by, and I didn't see or hear from Matt, and things were finally going nicely between David and me.

I was thrilled that all the tension was almost over, and it was finally graduation; I was so excited. I got to graduate, a chance to experience new things in life.

All those all-nighters paid off, I didn't get straight As, but I got to graduate with everyone.

I was settled amongst other mates at the graduation hall, and casually looking back for Dylan, he promised he would be here,

"Is this seat taken?" Someone chirped in; I could recognize that Scottish accent anywhere.

Jay

I smiled at him; it was really a relief to see him.

"No."

He gave me his famous smile and sat beside me,

"You look very beautiful," he said.

"Thanks, you too." I gave him a warm smile, "I love your tuxedo." He was wearing a blue tuxedo.

"Well, thank you, it was my fathers. I thought I would wear it and honor him today."

I beamed.

"That's really sweet." I could barely remember how we got to the smiling stage, but it was good to have another friend.

"Excited?" he asked, noticing how uncomfortable I was.

"More like nervous. To walk in front of all that people." The realization that there wouldn't be any soul around to cheer, troubled me, plus I hated facing the public alone.

Jay reached and rubbed my hand,

"Do what I do when I'm faced with a lot of people, just picture everyone naked; I assure you it always works every time...just don't do it when your parents are in the room; I bet you, you don't want to see that."

I laughed with him before mouthing a thank you,

"You're welcome." he mouthed back.

"Where's Beth? I don't see her around?"

"She won't come; she thinks high school and life are overrated." He said,

"She might be right."

He smiled at me before a girl came and took him away, "See you around, Alison," he yelled out to me as she dragged him toward the front,

I laughed; he was too silly.

Then chewing unto my lips again, I looked out for Dylan; he had to be here; he was the valedictorian.

I grinned when I caught sight of him walking into the room in a dashing black tux,

He noticed me and hurried over.

"You're late."

"I'm here." he made his point, then stared at me for a while, like I was the most gorgeous girl in the room, "You look really stunning, Alison."

"Thanks." I beamed proudly, "You don't look bad yourself; I never thought a day would come when I would catch you in a tux."

He chuckled slightly,

"Yeah, don't get used to it," he said and took the empty spot next to me,

"Do you have your speech ready?"

"I guess so.."

I smiled at him before turning to the event. "I got into a MIU." Dylan waved in, and I gaped.