Four years later

Hope you guys don't mind, I changed the character to Lily Collins. She's the grown-up Alison.

Enjoy❤️

Alison

"That's....nice." I cringed at the guy who I happen to be on a blind date with, I just wanted to leave, but it seemed rude so I stayed. And listened to him rant about his job.

He kept talking for hours and I couldn't grasp a word he said, apparently my college roommate Tessa thought it would be a good idea to set me up with someone I knew nothing about.

I was still not ready to start a relationship with anyone else even after three years of no calls, no texts, or mail from him.

In the beginning, he called every day, but after just six months he just stopped, without much of a warning,

I tried calling him several times, but it always went to voicemail. I even tried writing but he never replied not even once.

I spent the rest of that year in a total wreck, but luckily I had my roommate, Tessa, she helped me through it and I managed to scale through without dropping out.

"I can't do this." I let out abruptly and grabbed my things to leave, "I'm sorry." I said and ran out of the door before he could stop me.

"Wait!" he ran after me as I tried to stop a taxi, "Alison, please wait." he pleaded,

I turned and gave him a guilty smile,

"I really have to go Josh."

"Was it something I said," he asked, sounding hurt.

I sighed and stared him in the eyes, saying.

"You're amazing. It's me, I'm not ready for a relationship right now, please understand, it has nothing to do with you."

He nodded sadly,

"I understand, take care."

"Bye, Josh," I said and got away.

This wasn't my first date apparently, and sadly they always ended the same. So I had to memorize the last speech, pathetic, I know.

I just couldn't find that one person that made me feel the same way David made me feel.

He ruined my life.

I quietly slide into the apartment and dropping my keys on the counter, I went poured myself a cup of coffee,

While sipping my coffee I thought of so many possible ways this date could have gone without turning into a complete disaster like the rest of them,

'David Hertz! What the hell have you done to me.' I screamed in my head.

"That bad, huh?" Tessa walked in on me.

"You have no idea." I rolled my eyes and sipped my coffee.

She chuckled slightly and poured herself one. Surprisingly, the weather was really cold in L.A, It was freezing, but it rarely happened.

"Ali, this is the 5th date you're turning down this month, let's not even add the numerous one-night stands you've had."

She sat and stared worriedly at me,

"You can't keep living like this."

"I know." I sighed, taking a seat, "You really think I don't know that?"

I had casual flings once in a while trying to see if I could find that one person that would make me feel exactly the way David did, but sadly nobody even came close to him.