Chapter 5

🥒➳❀✿❀➳🥒

David Hertz

I was in the middle of a meeting with some new project investors from South Korea, when Jason the bodyguard I hired for Ali, called to notify me about her little stunt with a boy in her class.

"Don't worry about it, make sure she gets home safely. " I told him and hung up. That girl was going to drive me nuts one day, I thought.

"Everything okay?" Someone chimed in a whisper..

I nodded and concluded the meeting.

After the meeting I returned to my office to gather my things to leave, I had another appointment, the same one every year for the past 18 years.

"Sir?" Sonia, my secretary walked in a pace,  "The proposals haven't been signed yet."

"I'll sign them in the morning." I told her.

"But, sir." I looked at her and she understood not to bring it up again, "I understand. I almost forgot that was today, I'm sorry."

I nodded and left the office.

I got into the car and immediately got another call.

I answered and waited for the person on the other line, I already knew who it was.

"David, it's me."

"I know. I'm on my way."

"I was going to ask if you could bring Alison this once. Let me see her, I haven't seen my grandbaby for almost 18 years and I don't think I have much time on my hands."

"That was not our agreement, Maryann. I'd hate to remind you again."

"I know, David. I just thought you'd have some sympathy."

"George wouldn't want you near her and as long as I'm alive Alison wouldn't have anything to do with you. You're lucky you get to hear her name."

"Fine then, just be here on time.."

I hung up with a sigh,

"Let's head to the cemetery, first stop at the flower shop." I told the driver and he nodded in understanding.

➳༻❀✿❀༺🍂

Alison

I was escorted home without another word. I already knew I was in deep trouble. I got down from the car and hurried inside.

I caught sight of Henna heading towards Mr Hertz's chamber with a tray.

"Henna, wait." I hurried over to her, "Let me do it."

"Are you sure?" She was hesitant but handed me the tray anyway. I held onto the tray and made my way over.

I knew I was in deep trouble. But the less sorry I looked the better my chances were,

I got to his office door and note, I would usually just barge in to piss him off, but not today, I actually knocked.

No response.

So, I knocked again.

"Enter." I heard him whisper from the inside.

I turned the doorknob and slowly walked in,

I stepped into the room and immediately caught sight of him, he was leaned against the stand, his shirt completely unbuttoned and a glass of liquor in his hands.