Chapter 10

Bate 👆

🍂➳༻❀✿❀༺➳🍂

David Hertz

I stood staring out my office window, deep in thought,

"Convincing the Hilton's to sign this deal would be a really hard thing to do, especially with the line of competitors--"

Bate, my attorney tried to reason with me for almost an hour, but my mind was somewhere else.

"Okay, what's up?" He called me out in irritation, it was a crucial deal and I wasn't showing enough enthusiasm, "You've been extra moody, I usually don't mind, but this is all you and I have been talking about for months and now we might stand a chance of losing it."

I sighed and walked to the sidebar, I couldn't focus for the best of me.

"I apologize.."

He groaned,

"Where's your mind man!?"

I poured myself a glass and gulped it down with a grunt,

"You wanna talk about it?" He induced.

"Arrange a meeting. I don't care how you do it...I want this finalised." I told him as I returned to my desk, "No more excuses, it's been 8 months."

He nodded and then changed the line of the subject, "What's up? Is this about Matt? I heard you sent out trolls after him, any luck?"

Bate and I were the only ones that knew the truth.

"He had some work done on his face after the incident, it's going to be hard to spot him."

"I doubt he would show his face after everything that happened. He was a kid back then. I'm sure he's moved on."

"We can't take any chances, If he was anything like his father, he would come after the money."

Bate sighed under his breath,

"It is a lot of money. And Alison? How are handling that?"

I knowingly changed to the previous topic,

"I need that meeting with the Hilton's to be done with, I don't have to remind you how crucial this deal is and we no longer have that luxury of time."

He nodded understanding,

"Fine. I'll mark another meeting with the Hilton's." He checked the time and gathered himself to leave, "Well,  I will keep you posted." He turned to leave but then stopped in his tracks, "By the way, Isn't Alison turning 18 in two weeks?"

"Out, Bate?" I snarled.

"Piece of advice, no one wants to hear that on their birthday." He continued, despite my warning to stop talking, "Tell her after--"

"Bate!" I warned,

"Alright, ease up. So protective. " He finally left.

I sighed and leaned my back against the chair tiredly.

Ali had been on my mind a lot, I kissed her and crossed the morality line, it bothered me.