60

Alison

"Ali, open up?" Tessa yelled from the other side of the door, "Please, you can't keep doing this to yourself."

I swiped my tears and trudged to get to the door,

"Ali?" She whispered concerned.

I threw her a faint smile and crawled back to bed. She stepped further and sat at the edge of the bed, staring at me.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm...fine." I lied,

My heart was hurting a lot.

Henna was dead.

Henna was like a mother to me and I loved her. I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye or thank her for raising me.

Even though I betrayed her trust, so many times.

"It's been days...it's time to pull yourself together. I'm sure wherever Henna is at the moment, she's smiling down at you proudly."

I doubt.

"Tessa...I'd be fine," I gave her a quick smile.

She nodded and decided not to push any further,

"There's just one thing I don't seem to understand, why was Olivia here to deliver the message? David could have just called."

"David hasn't called me in four years and I'm not surprised he did that. Somehow, he thought sending Olivia over would make me less angry." He always had the habit of sending Olivia to make me feel better, I wasn't surprised.

"That's cold. Anyway, I'm heading for work, do you need anything?" She asked and got up to leave, "And, I already called Dylan--"

"I'm going back to Sydney." I interrupted her, "I won't forgive myself if I don't at least attend her memorial service."

She turned back to face me with a questionable look on her face,

"Are you sure that's the only reason?"

"This is not about David, Tessa. I'm going  home because I owe it to Henna to at least be in her memorial service." I was irritated that she brought him up knowing how I was feeling at the moment.

"Fine...I'm sorry." She apologized and went quiet as if thinking of her next words carefully, "So when are you leaving?"

"Thursday morning," I answered.

"Great...I'm coming with you."

"Tessa, you don't have to do that."

"It's not up for discussion, I'm coming with you and that's final. I don't trust you being alone with that ex-boyfriend of yours. You might deny it but you are still very much nuts about him, you might throw yourself at him the first chance you get, but luckily I would be there to stop you from making a fool of yourself."

"It's not about him," I said bluntly.

"Tell that to your David crazy hormones."

"Tessa!" I warned.

"Well, it's the truth."

She was right, I do need guidance around David.

"Fine, you can come." I said and she beamed, "But remember we are going for Henna and not David."

"Yeah, right."She snickered,

I shot her a glare,

"Fine...for Henna," She winked and finally left the room.

As soon as she left I laid back on the bed and flooded my mind with memories of Henna, just the thought of never seeing her again tormented me.

The rush of emotion passing through me was too much for me to handle, so I just cried myself to sleep.

_______