Extras

He didn't bother with a response, sending my heart into a much deeper dive toward the ground.

"Ali, let's get you inside. I don't want you to get sick."Despite my body's instinct to melt back into his arms, I stood my ground.

I didn't want to drop the subject not when there was clearly something stopping him from kissing me. At this point, I was curious to know what it was.

"Be honest with me, that's all I ask."

The mood around us shifted, and I almost regretted asking.

I couldn't tell what was going to come out of those lips,

David stared at me for a moment, and then with a sigh or two he got it off his chest,

"I don't want to cross any more lines with you."

"What?" I stared back confused.

"One day you'll realize how wrong this is, and loathe me for it. That only terrifies me."

"Sounds to me like you've been holding out and waiting until I got bored."

"That's not it."

"That's exactly what you just said." I snarled.

"Ali-" He tried to touch me and I pulled back, I didn't want to crumble in his arms and forget how much I was hurting.

"Just take me home." I went inside.

I got inside and got ready to leave, ignoring the man behind me when he wrapped his arms around me and held me for a while, "Would you trust me on this?" He whispered.

I shut my eyes, sighing.

I tried to ignore the way his tone sent goosebumps throughout my body and slowly turned around to face him,

"You're not attracted to me is that it? I would understand if that's the case." I looked down at the floor feeling insecure.

He placed a finger under my chin and raised it to him,

"You're so fucking beautiful I go insane just looking at you." He said and then moved a few pieces of my hair back as he stared down at me, his gaze was so warm and filled with so much love, "I care about you, Ali but I won't go there. I won't cross any more lines."

"What line exactly?"

"The platonic line."

"In case you haven't noticed we are in a relationship, David. It's unavoidable." As odd as our relationship was, I wouldn't have called it platonic, we slept on the same bed most nights, cuddled, and kissed a few times, "We are anything but platonic."

"You're in high school-"

I opened my mouth to speak but he sent me a glare indicating he wasn't done.

"You always throw these immature tantrums when you don't get what you want. You won't always have things go your way. We can't act intimately with each other because you're still in high school, things are getting out of hand enough as it is, and I would rather not complicate things and risk hurting you, even if you think I'm an asshole." His tone was harsh and threatening, "So drop it?"

A sudden silence sat between us.

Then he exhaled stepped and closer to me, dipping to plant a kiss on my cheek but I hastily pushed him away and stepped back.

The next words fell out of my lips and didn't stop, "You treat me like a child and don't take my heart seriously because you're more concerned about some societal standard...Whilst, I love you, David. .. and I don't ever want to stop loving you or pretend that I don't have feelings for you. I'll confess that I love you to the so-called society and I don't care if it puts me in trouble, because I'm not afraid, but that's me. You clearly haven't made up your mind about us, you're afraid and you need to decide what we are because I'm so tired of guessing." I ended the conversation there, turning away from him and making my way outside with my things.