26

Alison

The next couple of days went on the same, although David was spending more time at work, than at home.

We barely saw each other, which was why I decided to surprise him at the office.

It was a Saturday morning and I didn't have a lot to do, Henna was still on her vacation, so I really had nothing to do, besides idling around.

I looked into the list of recipes for him and learned he liked chicken curry, so I made that for him, hoping he hasn't had lunch.

I dressed in denim jeans, a white plaid shirt, and Converse, before making my way into the car with Sam and Jason.

It was a long ride to his office building, but we eventually arrived, it was my second time coming to his office, the last time I was there to sign some papers.

I got out of the car and couldn't help but gaze for a few moments in marvel. It was such a HUGE tower building. I couldn't tell how many floors there were, but they were a lot.

Just as soon as I stepped through the spinning front door, I was struck again by the beauty of the place, it was beautiful and had high sophistication.

It was like walking into Vogue.

On my way up to the front desk, I noticed digital snapshots of David playing on a section of the wall, he looked so handsome.

"Excuse me, miss?" I was snapped out of my reverie as the lady at the front desk called to me.

"How can I help you?"  It took me a moment to gather myself before I spoke.

"U-Uhm yes...my name is Alison Stone, I'm here to see Mr. Hertz."

She stopped and took a look at me.

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No, I didn't know I had to-" I stopped before I say anything else.

"Miss, you can't just walk in here requesting to see the boss without an appointment?"

"I don't need an appointment to see him..." I shot back, how dare she? I realized she was just doing her job but it was upsetting. "Could call him and confirm?"

She looked completely skeptical as she picked up the phone and began to dial.

She clearly didn't know who I was,

I stood watching her and listening to her as she talked to someone. When she was finally done she looked up at me with a bright smile. 

"This way please." She smiled, I wanted to strangle her, she escorted me to the elevator, "You can head on up, he's in a meeting."  

I glared at her before making my way into an elevator. As I pressed the button for the top floor.

I held the food bag closer to my body, until I got out of the elevator and made my way to the receptionist. 

She was on the phone, and I smiled as I approached her. 

"Hi, I'm here to see, Mr. Hertz."