46

A WEEK LATER

It had been almost a week since we got away.

"David?" I grumbled as I found my way to his office, he had been working all morning. I thought the whole point of the trip was to take a break from everything else, "David?" I whined even more.

"Alison, I'm working." He was on his desk.

"But, I'm bored...Can you take a break just for me?" I do the cute face thing.

Can you take a break just for me?" I do the cute face thing

It didn't work.

He was so engrossed in whatever he was doing to pay me any attention, I knew he had a lot on his hands, between juggling his company and my father's, but it wouldn't hurt to take a break and spend time with his girlfriend.

"David, can we go see a movie?" I pestered him, "David!..."

He looked up at me with a sigh, if I didn't know any better I would think he was avoiding me,

"I want us to see a movie, I heard Frozen 2 is out."

He raised an eyebrow,

"I want us to be like every normal couple." I beamed at him, "So..."

He sighed,

"It's still not safe, Alison."

"How so? No one even knows here. I bet no one even cares, we are in the middle of nowhere."

He dropped the paperwork in his hand and made it to me,

"Matt is still out there, I don't want to take any more risks with you."

"Ohh, I hate this." I groaned and deepened my head in his chest,

He leaned down and grasping my face, graced my forehead, "Let's order pizza and some ice cream, we can even play games and do movie tonight, anything you want, but we are not going out until I'm sure it's safe."

"If you're trying to distract me again, it's not working--" We were suddenly interrupted by the doorbell,

"Who would that be?" I asked him, confused.

"Stay here," David said and walked towards the door,

"Be careful," I whispered after him in worry, but on second thought, I went after him.

"David?" I called as I made my way over, he was talking to someone at the door, "David?"

He quickly turned his eyes to me,

"Who are you talking to?" I asked.

"No one..."

I stared at him,

He sighed and moved aside for me to see who it was, it was a blonde lady,

"Ali, this is-"

"Dai." She cut him short, "Let me do the honor." She said and pushed her way inside. She seemed very familiar with him, and let's not forget that stupid nickname.