Chapter 3

➳༻❀🍃❀༺➳༻❀🍃❀༺➳

Alison

I strode around my room frantically, thinking of a way to approach Mr Hertz again. Dylan was right I just had to reason with him. I had always been too afraid to approach him that I never had a proper conversation with him.

I was pretty much a prisoner in his house and that had to change, I wasn't 12 anymore.

I grabbed my phone and texted Dylan I was ready, and he replied.

Dylan: Just talk to him. What's the worse that could happen?

He could ground me for life.

Okay, 'I can do this. I can do this.'

I made my way down the stairs and towards his side of the house. "And, where do you think you are going?" Henna caught me.

"To talk to Mr. Hertz."

She looked momentarily surprised.

"Why? Did something happen?"

"No, I just want to talk to him. He can't refuse to see me."

She folded her arms across her chest, "Alison, you know the rules. All appointments should be at the office in the morning." god! she sounded just like him.

"Well, it can't wait till morning, this is crucial." I didn't listen and continued walking.

"Ali?" She sighed but didn't stop me.

I guess I was convincing,

I walked up to his door and knocked lightly before making my way in,

"Mr Hertz?" I called out for him as I strode into his room, which by the way smelled like rich mint---

The room seemed empty, Where the hell is he? I thought as I wandered around-

"Shit!!" I cursed abruptly and averted my eyes to the wall.

It turned out to be a very terrible idea. He was just stepping out of the shower.

"Alison?" He called angrily,

"Yes... T--That's me." I lifted my eyes to him once again, with a bold and stern upfront.

He had a white towel wrapped around his waist, and strands of wet hair hanging down his forehead. My cheeks turned beet red, and worse, I couldn't stop my radical eyes from skimming.

"For your sake, you better have a good explanation. Turn around." He said.

I spurned around and faced the wall again,

"Can we talk?" I chimed in.

"Let's talk in the morning." He wanted to dismiss me.

"No." I snapped my head to him,

He raised a brow at me,

"Sorry." I faced the wall again. "I want to talk right now."

"Are you in trouble?" He whispered in worry.