61

Alison

After the long and stressful hours on the plane, Tessa and I made it to Australia in one piece. We got our bags from the baggage claim and went to catch a taxi.

Henna spent most of her days with us, she was family, so the service was at David's place. Luckily, we had enough time to get ready before it started.

I looked out of the window, my mind counting the passing trees. This wasn't how I planned to come home, or how I planned to face David again, I wanted more time.

No matter how much I tried, I couldn't deny that I was afraid of what awaited me.

"Are you okay?" Tessa noticed how tense I was.

I nodded and threw in a smile.

Moments later we arrived at the penthouse.

I wouldn't call it my home anymore. It didn't feel like home.

"Ready?"

I nodded and we got down from the car.

I stood on the sidewalk and fidgeted at the penthouse right in front of me.

"Holy fuck!" Tessa exclaimed standing next to me with both our bags in her hands, "Who the hell is your ex-boyfriend, Ali....fucking Bill Gates."

I chuckled at her outburst,

"C'mon." I dragged her towards the door,

I wonder how she would react once she sees David Hertz.

"Seriously Ali, who is your ex-boyfriend?" She let out, admiring the front yard as we made it toward the entrance.

I stared at the door for a while,

Tessa came and gave my shoulder a reassuring squeeze,

"Everything will be fine, just pull yourself together and be strong."

I smiled faintly at her and rang the doorbell.

Seconds later, the door opened revealing an elderly lady in a blue uniform,

"Welcome," she said assuming we were guests

We stepped inside and she helped us with the bag, "Make yourself comfortable." She shut the door behind us and went upstairs.

"Woah! Ali...I can't believe you grew up in this house, it's so beautiful." Tessa admired in awe,

The house hadn't changed much, besides the decorations for the occasion, everything still remained the same.

"Shit!.." I heard Tessa squeal from behind,

I was too engulfed in recalling the memories I had in this house to pay attention to her, "Kiddo?" A familiar voice waved in and I turned to see Micheal walking surprisingly towards me,

He looked exactly as I remembered him,

I grinned as he pulled me into a hug,

I hugged him back, overjoyed to see him again.

He pulled away and noticed Tessa.

"My roommate..." I waved in and he chuckled, turning his attention back to me.

"God! Look at you." He exclaimed, scrolling down my body.

I laughed and punched his shoulder playfully,

"Someone's been working out!" I teased.

"Yeah, the perks of working with David Hertz..." He said but didn't notice how I lit up at the mention of the name.