83

Continuation of George's POV

I staggered to get up from the floor, grabbing the chair for support but before I could completely stand up David stormed over and pinned me forcefully against the wall. I had never seen him this mad, sure as his best friend I had seen him get angry a couple of times but not to this extent,

"How long?"He gritted.

I gulped, 

"Two years." I manage to mumble against his tight grip.

He tightened the grip he had on me,

"Two freaking years George." he hurled in my face. "And in those two years, it never occurred to you to end it."

I bowed my head down shamefully,

"I messed up." I admitted.

"Shit!! that was why you hired her, wasn't it?"

"Can we sit down and talk about this?" I pleaded.

"Talk about how you screwed my little sister."

"I don't know what else to say.. I'm sorry."

He lets go of me,

"Let me guess...Jenna is getting clingy and now you want out."

I nodded.

He chuckled slightly,

"You're one piss of shit, do you know that?" He walked over to his bar and poured himself a drink. I needed one but I was too afraid to ask.

He poured himself a drink and leaned against his desk, turning his eyes to me,

"You have everything, the perfect family. Anne is beautiful, selfless, and kind, she sacrificed everything for you, including not being able to see her daughter as much as she wants to." He gulped down his drink, "I'd kill to have a woman like that." he dropped the glass and stepped closer to me, "And you threw it all away for someone as selfish and idiotic as Jenna."

"Just help me save my family."I pleaded, David was the one person I knew Jenna was afraid of, "Do this and I'd never ask you for any favors again."

He ran his hand through his face before turning his eyes back to me, I could never forget his last words to me that day, "I'm done meddling in your shit. This is your karma, George, deal with it." He said and left the room, I assumed to confront Jenna.

_______

Alison

Call it luck, but there was a little bathroom where we could do business and freshen up a bit with little to no water, I couldn't wait to get out with David so we could fly back home.

I returned to see David leaning back against the wall with his eyes closed. He looked utterly drained and exhausted.

"Babe?"

He opened him to me, and it soon turned to concern.

"Come here," he ordered. I didn't think twice before jumping into his arms, clasping him around his neck as he wrapped his arms around me, kissed my hair and just held me.