51

Alison

It had just been three days, three days since we argued, three days since we last spoke; it was slowly killing me.

It was very difficult studying, with my mind constantly drifting to David and how mad he was at me.

God! I missed him so much,

I was pulled back to reality by a knock on my room door.

I hissed loudly, assuming it was Micheal at the door to give more speeches; he hadn't stopped talking about it. I was surprised David hadn't heard about it with the way he was going on and on about it. I made one mistake, and he would not let me forget.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door,

"If you're here--" I stopped mid-sentence, realizing it wasn't Micheal, but David.

I ceased for a moment and then cleared my throat to pull myself together; the man had a way of taking my breath away every time.

"I-I'm sorry, I thought it was Micheal," I said with a stammer.

Why was I shocked to see him? We were still together; at least, that was what I thought. Was he here to end things? I assumed.

I hoped not.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

I nodded and made way for him,

"Why are you here?" I asked. I was afraid to know.

"How are you, Ali?" he asked.

"Fine, considering we haven't spoken for three days, I look pretty fine." I was clearly not fine; I had eye bags and a headache that suddenly cured itself in front of him.

I couldn't trust myself, especially not with him looking like he just stepped off a catalog.

"You look fine."

I had to remind myself to physically distance myself from him—from his smell, his look, his distracting body in those hot jeans.

I moved back, and he frowned as I moved away from him,

"You look more than fine, actually."

  "I'm anything but fine," he said quietly,

I was winded by his admission.

He then moved closer to where I was,

"I'm sorry." He finally said it.

"Sorry for what?"

He finally got to me and held me by the waist; I let him because I was having withdrawals from just being away from him,

"You were expressing your concerns, and I should have listened...." He added.

"You called me a child."

"You were acting like a child." He made mention again and glared at him.

"I'm a child because I wanted to be certain about our future." I stuttered, trying to hide my hurt.