Chapter 24

Alison

I showered and got into bed with Mr. Hertz, "How do you presume Henna would take it if she found out about us?" I asked out of curio,

 Hertz, "How do you presume Henna would take it if she found out about us?" I asked out of curio,

"Not well," he answered.

I was also curious about a lot of other things, I turned to the side to look at him. "I just realized I have never heard you talk about your family, do you you even have any?"

His body went stiff at the mention, must have been a sensitive topic.

"Someone's nosy?" he tried to avoid the question.

"You know everything about me and I hardly know anything about you, it's not like you ever talk about yourself," I said.

"Alright.." he sat up and pulled me onto his lap, "What do you want to know?"

I beamed, excited. There was a lot I wanted to know about him.

"Do you have siblings?"

"Yes, I have a sister."

My eyes broadened in surprise.

"Why haven't I met her? Where is she?"

"She lives overseas with my mom." I gasped abruptly, "Holy freckles, you have a mom?" I was shocked, I didn't see that coming.

He chuckled at my outburst.

I frowned a little, "Wait, how come I've never met them?" At this point I was a lot more curious about him, "Are you not speaking?"

"We speak occasionally."

"Occasionally? That sounds like a lie. You could just say, 'I don't want to talk about it'."

"Ali, we have all the time in the world to talk about my family." he placed me back on the bed like some toddler, "Let's get you something to eat first." he got off the bed and stretched out his arm for me.

"I can cook if you're hungry," Henna took the week off, leaving me in charge. After I turned 18 she spent less time at the house and more time looking after herself. Which worked out well for all of us, "Henna made a list of everything you like... Tell me what you want and I would make it for you?"

"I don't currently wish to see my house burn." he teased.

"What! You're saying I can't cook?" I exclaimed and threw a pillow at him, he grabbed it sharply and reached out for me, "FYI, I make the best meals around here." I told him.