89

Alison

Everything was finally back to normal. David and I returned to Sydney the following day, and sadly I had to prepare to return to L.A., I had a lot of catching up to do, from projects to seminars.

I was alone. David left for a quick trip, he would be back this weekend, but I missed him so much, that I could barely survive a day without him.

I walked over to David's closet and I grabbed my phone from his suitcase, instantly gasping at the countless missed calls and texts I'd received, most of them from Dylan.

Poor Dylan must be worried out of his mind, I should call him, I thought as I dialed his number.

I frowned as it went straight to voicemail,

"He's probably busy." I decided to call him back later,

I placed the phone away and went to get some water, but just as I made it out the bedroom door, I heard a loud bang,

My mind went blank as I realized there was someone else in the house, for a split second I prayed it was David arriving earlier than promised.

However, the smart side of my brain alerted and reminded me of everything that had happened,

Grabbing the door handle, I twisted it and pulled the door open gently. I placed a hand on my belly as I made my way down the hallway, trying my best to make as little noise as possible, not alert whoever the intruder was.

'Please, let it be David.' I prayed with my eyes closed as I pushed open the kitchen door.

"Alison?"

A usual voice called and I flickered my eyes open immediately.

"Oh, thank God!" I gave out a sign of relief and hugged David,

"Are you okay?" He asked motioning towards me.

I nodded, still holding onto my stomach.

"I thought an intruder got into the house."

He chuckled slightly, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He said and graced my forehead. I felt so happy seeing him.

"Why are you back so early?" I pulled away to notice Bate staring warmly at me, "What's going on?" I returned my gaze to David, he just smiled and gestured at something behind me

I turned to see what it was, it was a lady in a blue dress and her eyes wet with tears.

"Alison..." She called breathlessly, "My sweet baby."

I returned my eyes to David confused and gave him the 'Who the hell is she look?'

He motioned her forward,