36

David Hertz

For hours we raided these streets looking for Ali, or even a clue of where he might have taken her. I have men prowling at every corner of this city trying to find the exact location. The air in the room was tense and along with me was Bate and a tech team.

I waited by the window as a bunch of IT experts activated the chip in Alison's arm, I had a chip placed in the diamond bracelet I gifted her

After the incident at the diner, I feared it would happen again, so I had a chip installed in a bracelet so that if she were to be taken, I could find her.

"We have a problem."

That was not something I wanted to hear, I made my way back to them,

"The chip prototype is a C-5, I should have mentioned that this is the new model with an alarm system, the second the activation starts the bracelet sounds an alarm to give us an accurate GPS location. The downside is that It would alert her captor that she is being tracked and give them more time to escape or worse..."

"Can you tell if she's okay?"

"Yes." He passed me an Ipad, it had info on the chip and Alison's heart rate,  "The green button is an indication that she's alive, as long it remains green she's okay. It goes Red, well..."

If Alison was still alive, I didn't want to put her in any more danger.

"Can we get a location without setting off the alarm?"

"It could take up to a day, but yeah, we can figure out a location, it could be inaccurate and a dead end at most but I wouldn't rule it out... It's a safer means."

I nodded,

"For now, figure out that location without setting off that alarm."

"Got it...I'll take this and if anything comes up I'll let you know."

I nodded and watched them pack up and leave. The room fell silent as it was just Bate and me.

"Fuck.." I ran my hands through my hair for the millionth time, I went over the counter and poured myself another drink.

"You need to get some sleep so you can think straight?" Bate waved in, I wasn't able to sleep, eat, or even breathe properly since Alison was taken.

The notion of him laying even a finger on her made me boil to fury, I gulped down my drink, and poured another one, "Don't get soft on me man." Bate gave me a pitiful stare, "We are going to find her... Luckily, she has that magic bracelet and we know she's alive."