Mermaid

This was asked for by troublesome_orange! Thank you for the request! This is reader is a humanoid female dragon in this one. It is girl x girl. Enjoy!

Glancing out the palace window, you tried to see where the music was coming from. Everyone should be asleep. This hauntingly beautiful music has been keeping you awake for a long time. It's distracting you from your royal studies. Snapping your (F/C) wing out, you glided from your balcony and over the ocean. Following the singing, you growled in frustration when you didn't see anything in the water. Looking up, you yelped and managed to hover in the air before hitting the person sitting on the rock. 

She was the one singing. You didn't see any wings on her though. This is an island where only dragons live. How could she get here? Scanning her, your eyes widened when you saw that she had a tail instead of legs.

"Excuse me?" You called, surprised when she seemed scared as she turned to you, "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

She eyes you wearily before openly staring at your wings.

"Are you an angel?" She asked surprising you.

"I'm not." You answered landing by her, "How did you find our island?"

"I just did. It's where I can go to be alone, I thought." She grumbled, looking upset.

You've been told that you should only trust dragons, but you really feel upset seeing her like this. It's clear she has her own problems.

"Well, how about this." You offered sitting by her, "You can sing here for a few hours a night, but that's it. You're singing is beautiful, but it's keeping me up at night. Which isn't good for my studies."

"I can really stay?" She gasped with a wide smile on her face as you nodded, "My name is Coral."

"(Y/N)." You greeted smiling.

Eight Months Later

"Coral?" You called, walking along the beach.

Your crown on your head so you could show it to her. She's been your closest friend since you meet her. You comforted her when she told you about how she swam away from a forced engagement. She comforted you when your parents died. The other dragons know who she is, but she was never allowed in the palace. That changes now that you are queen. You want to bring Coral to live with you in the palace. You've got a room ready for her.

"Coral?" You yelled again, this time, turning to the water where you heard her screaming.

Immediately flying where you heard her, you saw that she was swimming as fast as she could to the island. There was several merfolk after her. Gliding down, you quickly scooped her up. Making sure to fly high enough that the merfolk couldn't reach you.

"So, you must be the one who convinced my bride to leave." Glaring down at the male you didn't say anything, "She belongs with us."

"She belongs with me." You growled, feeling fire build up in your throat, "This is your only chance. Leave our territory."

When they didn't you blew a ball of fire at them. Watching them scream as they dove under the water. Their shadows swimming towards the open ocean. They have some nerve trying to make Coral marry someone she doesn't love. It makes your blood boil just thinking about it. Feeling her cold hand turn you to face her, you blinked in surprise when she rested her head against yours. Her cold skin calming you down.

"I'm safe now. Thank you." She whispered, pecking your lips.

You certainly weren't expecting that. It shocked you enough that you forgot to flap for a few seconds.

"Coral, do you, um, like me as more than friends?" You asked hoping for a yes.

"I do." She nodded, making you smile.

"I'm glad because I have something to show you.

Flying to your room, you carried her to a large hole in your floor. It was filled with water that you set her in. Sitting down by her as she looked at you quizzically.

"I've had the room under mine, sealed off so no water can escape unless we change the water." You explained, "The window has glass so you can watch every sunset you want. I can even stand on the balcony so we can watch them together." You listed, going silent when you realized that you were rambling on.

"You did this for me?" She gasped, making you nod.

"Coral, I want you to live with me." You announced, "If you need more space, we can build a wall around the island so that they can't take you, but I really want you to stay."

"Yes of course, (Y/N)!" She cheered before grinning at you.