Yandere Anubis

This was requested by PumpkiNight! Thank you for the request and enjoy!

Wandering your tomb, you frowned. It feels like it's been a long time since you've been mummified, you're still here on earth though. Sure, Anubis might have a lot of dead to guide, but you though he would guide the pharaohs first. Sitting on your coffin, you watched your servants wander the catacomb. Some of the craftsmen were checking your boat over while others played games among the piles of gold and perfumes. There is nothing else to do after all.

Standing with a stretch, you walked down among the piles of gold. Your subjects bowing as you passed them. Reaching the entrance, you looked up at the large statues of Anubis. You could never describe it; put you always preferred this god over all the others. The priests said that it was a sign that you were the reincarnation of Anubis's spouse Anput. You weren't sure about that but decided to go with it. Who were you to question the messengers of the gods?

"Over there." Hearing the faint whisper, you looked around. 

Your eyes widening at the two men who were creeping in the shadows of the tomb. From all the bags they had, you knew they were grave robbers. They were going to your coffin. Running, you yelped as your legs collapsed under you. They were opening your coffin. Struggling back to your feet, you tried to run again. Your coffin was already almost open when you reached them. You could feel your spirit fading in and out. No one says what exactly happens in the afterlife besides Anubis guiding the souls to be judged. It was never said what happens if the tombs get robbed before the spirits are taken.

Collapsing again, you looked up weakly. Finding a white light behind them that caught their attention. you couldn't really see what they were looking at though.

"You dare rob from the pharaoh? The reincarnation of Anput? My Mer Ek?" A deep voice growled, before the men dropped down to bow.

The lid to your coffin was pushed back, your strength returning to you. Staggering to your feet, you looked at the man in a jackal mask, Anubis. A faint smirk under his mask as if he was already planning a prank.

"Mighty Anubis, we did not know." One of the men pleaded, though Anubis ignored them and moved to you.

"Are you okay, Mer Ek?" He asked, wrapping an arm around your shoulder protectively.

Deciding not to make him made, you nodded. There's no telling what he would do if you were the one to make him mad. He smiled at you while holding a jackal mask to you, "Welcome back." 

Accepting the mask, you pulled it on. Trying to stay silent as the strong power you felt flow through you. It was familiar and comforting. He seemed to know what you were thinking because he chuckled. His gleaming golden eyes turned murderous red as he turned to the thieves.

"You have angered me mortals." He growled, before you saw movement in the corner of your eyes. 

The statues of Anubis were coming to life. Your servants were rushing to the boat to get out of the way. It's probably the safest place now, besides by Anubis. The thieves were visibly shaking as the statues moved closer. Their eyes widening towards you as if they can see you now.

"Mighty Anubis and Anput, please forgive our insolence." They pleaded, before Anubis shook his head.

"Your judgement starts now, and I don't even have to weight your hearts to know." Anubis huffed before the statues grabbed the thieves, "Your hearts are black with greed. You attacked my Mer Ek! You will pay with your lives for eternity."

Your eyes widen in horror as the statues swallowed the screaming thieves. You could hear your servants whispering behind you. Swallowing the lump in your throat, you looked up at Anubis.

"Is it time to go?" You asked, which seemed to calm him down a little.

A faint smile on his face as he looked down at you, "Not yet. They called you (Y/N) in this life. Do you want to keep that name?"

"I don't have any memories of being Anput, so yes." You nodded, as one of the statues lowered its hand.

"Well (Y/N), I can sense that the graverobbers camp is just outside." He answered, stepping onto the hand, "They will send more in. We will handle them. If you wish to come with me or stay until I return.

Looking at the hand he held out to you, you grabbed it. Letting him pull you onto the stone hand, you wrapped your arms around one of his. The statue moving carefully, while the other one knocked a hole through the pyramid to the outside. The camp of graverobbers, seemed frozen in fear at the living statues. Anubis gave your hand a squeeze before turning his attention to the thieves.

"You may be alive, but I, Anubis, cast my judgement on you now." He roared, as the people screamed, "You will never have a good life in any reincarnation. Your new unhappy lives begin now."

Watching the statues move with surprising speed, you didn't feel as bad as before when the criminals were crushed under the statue's feet. Once they were all dead, Anubis turned to you with a smile. His eyes going back to gold.

"Now we can go home." He hummed, kissing you, "We are never doing your idea of being reincarnated again."

You didn't pull away, though you know that if you were alive, you would. You know that if you were alive, you would be more horrified at what you just saw. At how wrathful Anubis was. How possessive he seems to be over you. It doesn't bother you though. Feeling him put golden cuffs around your wrists, you looked up at him. Sure, he could see you raise an eyebrow at him.

"They ensure that you're never too far from me and that you'll never be reincarnated again." He chuckled, kissing you hand, "They'll pull you back to me. You'll never leave me alone again, Mer Ek. I'm making sure of that."