Orc War Chief (His Pov)

This was requested by Erickathedhapir! Thank you and enjoy! Also, the reader is a female in this one.

Entering the tent, I scanned the other leaders. Two humans, an elf, and my second in command. They all glanced at me before turning back to the map. Moving to the woman human, (Y/N), I leaned down to her height.

She's the second in command after her father, that doesn't make her any less fierce though. I remember the first time I met her. My tribe was making our way through the human territory to find allies against the trolls. The humans had appeared from the forest. We didn't even know they were around. It was clear that they were fighting us because they wanted to. They killed for pleasure, not because they had to. That made them more dangerous than anything else we've fought. It actually terrified most of us, since we weren't used to humans acting like that. She was the first to approach me. When she had pinned me on my back, I instantly had respect for her. Asking her if she and her group wanted to join us.

"What did I miss?" I asked.

"The Trolls have a camp in this area," She pointed to a field that looked to be several miles away from our camp, "If they get to the stream, they could block it off and we'll lose our water source."

"We should build a dam while we have water." Her father recommended, earning a glare from the elf, Haldir.

"That would destroy the land that relies on the water downstream." He argued.

"We're going to need the water." My second in command, Dallgin, snapped back, "Tesk, what do you think we should do?"

Glancing down at the map, I hesitated before noticing (Y/N) hadn't said anything. She was intently focused on the map. She's got an idea, but clearly doesn't want to speak.

"What do you think, (Y/N)?" She glanced at me before motioning to the forest surrounding the troll's field.

"We have enough snippers and archers. We might be able to pick them off from the forest before they build a dam." She explained, "It would also decrease their numbers to where we can launch a head on attack."

Looking around, I grinned when the others nodded in agreement. I will admit that she's amazing when it comes to getting others to agree. 

"Then (Y/N) and Haldir will lead a group to kill the trolls from a distance." I decided, planning out who would be better where, "They will hold their position until me, Dallgin, and (F/N) get there to attack them directly."

Watching them leave, I followed (Y/N) out. I know (Y/N) can take care of herself and she'll have Haldir with her. That doesn't stop me from worrying about her though.

"I know I went along with this, but do you think it will work?" I asked, leaning against the post in her tent as she started loading her rifle.

"It's war, Tesk." She reminded me, giving me a small smile, "There's no guarantee of anything."

"Can you at least promise me you'll be safe?" I sighed, earning a small chuckled from her, "I could say it if it makes you feel better."

Smiling, I let her finish getting ready. Feeling myself tense when she put a reassuring hand on my arm. It's something she's always seems to do before we go on attacks. 

"I'll be as safe as possible." She promised as we left her tent, "Oh by the way, I heard the other orcs talk about your war wife. I didn't know you were married."

Clearing my throat to hide my embarrassment, I glared at a couple of nearby orcs, who were laughing. They were clearly listening in. Probably found it amusing that (Y/N) has no idea that when they talk about my war wife, they're talking about her. Ever since she knocked me on my back and since she fights side by side with me, it's what they call her.

"I'm not." I sighed, shaking my head, "It's just a little nickname they have for someone." 

She nodded before climbing onto the horse behind Haldir, "We'll see you in a couple of hours."

Nodding I watched their group leave, "Alright everyone. Let's get ready to attack!"

- 3 Hours Later-

Looking up at the trees, I felt my stomach twist. There's no one up there. They should be here. Making my way towards the front of the group, I stood by (F/N) and Dallgin. Noticing the horror on their faces as they watched the troll camp. Turning to what they were looking at, my whole body froze up. (Y/N) and Haldir were tied up to posts. Both beaten, almost seeming dead. On the ground around the posts were members from their group. Watching a troll approach, her, I gritted my teeth in fury when he slapped her. That was the last thing I saw before red filled my vision. I could hear the yells of battle, but I couldn't see it. When silence replaced the screams, my vision returned. I was now in front of (Y/N). She looks much worse up closely. I can't believe this happened to her. 

Cutting her down, I caught her then started check for a pulse. There was one, but it was weak. With the amount of blood she's losing, I'm not completely surprised. I'm just happy she at least has a small chance of surviving.

"Get the healers." I yelled, turning back to her, "(Y/N)? Can you hear me? Don't worry. You're safe now."

Stepping back as they took her, I glanced at Dallgin and (F/N). Both seeming worried. Apparently, Haldir was just as bad as (Y/N). There's no telling how many were injured or killed. All I know for sure is that all the Trolls were killed.

"Tesk, you have to do something to keep your mind off (Y/N) for now." (F/N) encouraged, "She'll be okay, but you have to help others for now."

Nodding, I started helping set up tents and tend to the ones who weren't as injured. Some of the others gave their condolences as if (Y/N) was already dead. It made me sick to even think about. By the time camp was set up, there still wasn't any news about her. Taking my armor off, I left it and my sword in my tent before heading to the tent where they took (Y/N). I was briefly stopped when the healers walked out. Exhaustion on their faces as they glanced at me.

"She should be okay now. Your war wife is strong. She'll live." Our lead healer assured me with a nod before leaving.

Going in, my attention was immediately drawn to (Y/N). Sitting by her, on the bed, I grabbed her hand. Her whole arm was wrapped in bandages. I'm sure she has more bandages under the blanket. I regret the plan now. She shouldn't have been hurt like this. I should have kept her with me. I should have protected her.

Feeling her hand grab mine, my head snapped up to her. Finding her opening her eyes to look at me. She even offered me a weak smile.

"I hear we won the war." Her voice was rough, but I expected nothing less after the beating she took.

Just hearing her talk made me relax though. It assured me that she would be okay. Staring into her (E/C) eyes, I tried to think of something to say. I want to scold her for being so careless. She doesn't need that though. I want to say something to make her smile, but I don't know what. Blinking out of my thoughts, I didn't even realize I had moved towards her, until I felt that I was kissing her. Seems my body got tired of hiding how I feel about her. Pulling away, I saw the surprise on her face, but she gave me a nervous smile. It made her much cuter.

"I'm so happy you're alive, my war wife." I admitted, deciding to use her nickname that the other orcs have given her.

"I'm..I'm your war wife?" She gasped, before she groaned and covered her face, "I've heard so many conversations, I probably shouldn't have."

Laughing at her reaction, I pulled her hands away from her face, "It's already your title, but someday, do you want to make it official?"

"Tesk, you're asking me to marry you." She pointed out, making me nod.

"The war is over. After some time, I know I would love it if you would be. Would you?" I asked, grinning when she nodded.

Kissing her again, I chuckled with her. Deciding that I had been their long enough when she winced in pain. I probably won't let her rest if I stay here any longer. Squeezing her hand, I let her go.

"I'm going to let the others know that their future war chieftess is doing okay." I explained, earning a tired nod from her, before she fell asleep.

Grinning as I thought about our future together, I left.