4 Conflictions

Part 4 Confliction

Manorama forwarded a teacup to NK who was in deep thought. He didn't notice it. She tapped his shoulder and NK looked at her plainly.

"Where were you lost?"

NK nodded no and took the cup from her hand.

"Don't lie... There is something and that is very serious... it has been written on your face" Manorama said, sitting on the couch.

NK drank the tea.

"Won't you tell me?"

"Khushi's husband is searching for her. He is in Mumbai now"

Manorama was shocked.

"Whaaat? How do you know?"

"He is none other than Aman's Boss"

"Whaaat? Aman's Boss? Then how did you not know about him so far?"

"AR is the biggest company. Aman became busy after joining AR. We didn't get time to meet each other. He even didn't get time to talk to me. He told me when he joined AR but at that time, Khushi was not with us. So, it didn't stay in my mind"

"Are you sure, he is searching for Khushi?"

"Mmm"

"But how it is happening? If Khushi's statement is true, how could it be possible?"

"I too don't know... why does he search for her all of a sudden?" NK said wearily.

"What would be the reason?"

"I can't understand anything, Mom"

"Didn't you tell Khushi about her husband?"

"Not yet..."

"Why?"

"Why should I tell her about the man who didn't trust her and humiliated her?"

"Nanne, we don't know what happened between them..."

Cutting her,

"What do you mean, we don't know? Don't you know? Didn't Khushi tell us everything when we were ready to send her to her husband when we got to know she was pregnant?"

"If he was a wrong man, he would have married to someone as of now instead of searching for her"

NK rolled his eyes.

"This is the matter of husband and wife. We should not interfere in that. It's not manners. Let her decide what she wants"

"Are you going to stress her again? Did you forget what happened to her all the time crying and thinking about her husband? Do you want her to suffer again?"

"She is suffering because he is not with her... she would be feeling better if they are together. Can't you understand how much she loves him?"

"But, he won't deserve her. The basic quality of LOVE is TRUST. But he didn't trust her. he blamed her for his sister's death. Do you know, Khushi loved Anu more than she loved her husband? How could she be the reason for Anu's death?"

"Let him be wrong. Being a third person, we don't have the right to restrict her from getting her what she wants"

"Mom, try to understand"

"You try to understand. We have to give her time to decide. She won't get it if her husband reached her"

NK stood hesitatingly.

"If you don't want to do that, I'm ready"

NK nodded ok.

"Don't be partial..."