54 Red Handed

Part 54 Red handed

NK was shocked, seeing Arnav whereas Rima didn't know who the man in front of them was. NK gulped down hard.

"What were you guys talking about?" Arnav asked with a penetrating gaze.

It was clear that Arnav heard their talks. NK was suffocating to even look at him because he knew what Arnav would have thought about him.

"Excuse me... Who are you to question us?" Rima asked Arnav.

Arnav looked at NK meaningfully. Rima was about to say something, NK said,

"He is Arnav Singh Raizada... Anu's brother" NK said.

Rima was taken aback. She swallowed the gland that blocked her throat. She looked at NK, getting horrified.

"Who is this girl? Why don't you want Anu to know about this girl? What's the relationship between you two?" Arnav asked.

"Arnav, we will talk later," NK said.

"Nooo... I want to know everything now. What if Anu is alive? Why are you talking about her?"

"What you think is not right..." Rima said.

"He(Pointing at NK) is here to meet you. You guys are worried about Anu and you say I'm wrong? Do you think I'm an idiot?"

Arnav looked at NK wrathfully.

"This is not done NK... I trusted you. I thought your love for Anu is true. In the beginning, I behaved rudely with you. I felt bad about it. You disappointed me. Thank God, I didn't take your proposal forward" Arnav said feeling dejected.

"Please, don't come to a conclusion in haste," Rima said.

Arnav threw a sharp glare at her and turned to leave, Rima blocked his way.

"Rima, don't..." NK said.

"No, NK... I can't let him think in the way he thinks" Rima said.

"Rima..."

"He should know the truth"

"What truth?" Arnav asked.

"Rima wait... Listen to me" NK tried to stop her.

"No, NK... We should not hide it from him"

"Please understand the consequence"

"Everything will happen as per my fate"

Arnav was gazing at them with confusion. Rima looked at him.

"Shall we go to my car?" She asked.

"Why?"

"Because it's not a matter to talk in a public place," NK said before Rima said.

Arnav nodded yes. Rima walked out of the park. Arnav and NK followed her. She got into her car and NK occupied the seat next to her. Arnav sat in the back seat.

Removing a newspaper cutting from the dashboard, Rima gave it to Arnav. Arnav got stuck as the newspaper cutting was about Abhishek's murder. Arnav remembered Khushi telling about such paper cuttings once. Didn't NK collect them from newspapers? He lifted his eyes towards her.

"What's this?" He asked as if he didn't get it.

"He is Abhishek... He was killed"

"I know who he is. What does this paper cutting do with what I asked you?"

Rima's answer shook Arnav.

"I'm the one who killed him"

Arnav widened his eyes in shock.