15 Memories

Part 15 Memories

Arnav got ready to go to the office.

"Khushi, I will be back in an hour. I just want to assign a few works to the crew"

Khushi nodded ok. Arnav came to Anu who was sitting on the bed, facing her back. He lifted her from behind as if she was a doll. She smiled with a screeching sound, thinking that the person who lifted her was her mother. Her facial expression changed when she saw Khushi standing in front of her. she tried to see the person who was lifting her. But, Arnav didn't let her see him and played, turning her opposite to him. He kissed her cheek from behind and handed her to Khushi. He kissed Khushi's cheek and left the room.

Khushi came to Anu's room and saw her photo with the garland. Her eyes tear up. She caressed Anu's photo with her palm.

How beautiful those days were...! A lonely tear slipped from her eyes. She could not resist drowning in the past.

Flashback

Khushi walked out of her house, hand in hand with Arnav. Anu followed them clutching Khushi's other hand. Arnav brought Khushi to RM forever.

"Khushi, I'm sorry, I could not get your parents' permission for our wedding," Arnav said.

"It's not your fault, Arnavji. My parents are like that. They won't change their mind"

"I hope I don't disappoint you"

"No... I would have gotten disappointed if you had not brought me with you"

Arnav tucked her hair, smilingly. They lost for a while at each other's eyes.

They heard a coughing sound and looked at Anu who was smiling at them teasingly. They were embarrassed, to see her.

"I think we should fix the wedding as soon as possible..." Anu said.

Arnav rolled his eyes.

"Shut up. Take her to your room and make her comfortable" Arnav said.

"Yes, your honor..." Anu took Khushi to her room clutching her hand.

Arnav checked the calendar. He saw the second day marked as an auspicious day. Arnav saw Anu coming back.

"Bhai, I'm taking Khushi to shop," Anu said.

"When are you going?"

"Tomorrow..."

"No... get ready... we are going now"

"Now?"

"Yeah... the day after tomorrow is our wedding"

"Whaaaat? Wedding? When did you fix it?"

"Just now"

"You are so fast Bhai... but what so urgent?" she asked teasingly.

"Keeping a girl in our house won't be looking good... that's why I want to bring her into our family legally"

"But, Bhai, we have not completed our graduation yet..."

"So, what? She can do it after marriage too. I want her to be secured... that's what we should do first"

"Good boy... you proved that you are my brother" she tapped his shoulder.

"Stop your blunt jokes and get ready"

Anu walked to her room, calling Khushi,

"Bhabiiii..."

Arnav smiled nodding his head right to left.

They purchased everything for Khushi and also finished the wedding shopping. They came to RM to finish dinner outside. Neither Arnav nor Khushi interacted much nor did they avoid each other. They spoke only when it was necessary.