23 Anu's promise

Part 23 Anu's promise

Arnav was waiting for Anu to sleep but there was no trace of sleep in her little eyes. She was crawling here and there as she learned the tactics of getting off the bed without getting hurt. She crawled faster towards the cupboard which was left open. Arnav didn't close it when he removed a file from the closet. She pulled a blanket out of the closet. As it was bulk, she could not pull it out. So, stepping inside the closet, she sat on the blanket and started tapping on its door. Khushi came out of the washroom and heard the tapping sound. She looked at the closet and saw Anu sitting inside it. She sighed, seeing Arnav laughing.

"Arnavji, because of you she learned to get down from the bed. See... what is she doing?" Khushi sighed.

"Khushi, however, she will learn to get down from the bed in a few days. How long will you stop her from taking steps ahead? Let her do what she wants" he said smiling.

"Just close the closet door. It's enough" Khushi said.

She lifted Anu from the closet and closed the door. Anu tried to get off her hands as she didn't like to be in her arms.

"Anu... don't be naughty..." Khushi said.

Anu giggled at her in a consoling manner as she understood her mother was angry. Khushi lifted her properly. Arnav was looking at them smilingly.

"Why are you becoming naughty? Can't you be quiet for a while? How could Mumma do work if you are troubling me? Haan?"

As she didn't expect, Anu touched Khushi's cheek with her open mouth, in a kissing method.

"Bbbhhhhaaa"

Khushi looked at her dropping her jaw. So did Arnav.

"Arnavjiii... see, how she is buttering me..." she said unbelievably.

"She knows how to OFF you" Arnav laughed.

"From where did you learn these tricks baby?" Khushi asked.

Anu again touched her cheek with his lips.

"Don't know what else she will do while growing up" Khushi huffed.

"Learn such tricks from my daughter... see, how easily she made you cool within a few seconds," Arnav said proudly.

Khushi kissed Anu's cheek and she again tried to get down from Khushi's arms. Khushi gripped her tight.

"I think she won't sleep soon" Arnav sighed.

"Why do you want her to sleep?"

"Don't you know?"

Khushi widened her eyes.

"Have you gone mad?"

"Why?"

"This is not done Arnavji... we should not bring IT into the practice... it's a bad habit"

"Hey, relax... why are you getting tensed?"

"Then what? keeping a sleeping baby beside us, how could we make love?"

"Love? What do you mean? I just thought to sleep after she sleeps" he said making a serious face.

Khushi shrank her eyes with a sharp gaze.

"Don't I know you?" she said.

"Do you?"

"Why not?"

"Then why did you leave me?" Arnav asked emotionally.

Khushi sat on the bed with Anu. In no time, Anu moved away from Khushi.